Fostering in Weymouth
We are an Independent Fostering Agency looking for foster carers in Weymouth
Blue Sky Fostering is a leading independent fostering agency operating throughout the south of England. Established in 2005, Blue Sky Fostering was set up to address the shortage of 10,000 foster carers in the UK. Since the beginning, we have always strived to provide an excellent level of service to all of our foster carers and looked after children offering 24/7 support & comprehensive ongoing training. We now have teams across the whole of the south of England including Dorset allowing us to provide a friendly, supportive and professional service at all times.
Click here to see if we have any Drop in events near you.
Could you become a foster carer in Weymouth?
Are you looking for a career change where you can really make a difference? If so, you should give some serious thought to becoming a professional foster carer. We are always looking for foster carers in the South West. We need carers from all cultures and religions whether married, single or living with a partner. Our nearest office to Weymouth is in Ringwood; however we have foster carers all over the South West who are supported locally by our experienced social workers.
There are some boxes you must tick, such as:
- A spare bedroom & driving license
- Willingness to include the looked after child in your family home
- Flexibility, determination, optimism and a good sense of humour
- Some experience of looking after children - at home or in a work environment
- Enthusiasm and commitment
- Prepared to foster from a wide age range
If you tick all of these boxes then don't hesitate to contact us to find out more.
Why choose Blue Sky Fostering?
When you become part of the Blue Sky team you will not only receive a friendly, supportive and professional service. You will also benefit from the following:
- An allowance of up to £588 per week, per child paid on time
- A minimum of 14 days paid holiday (respite) a year
- Training in all aspects of looking after children in care giving you the tools to succeed
- Regular phone calls and visits from your own social worker
- Opportunities to meet with other Blue Sky foster carers Blue Sky events for you, your birth children and your foster child
- Access to a social worker who knows about you and your placement 24 hours a day, every day of the year
- A FULFILLING CAREER WHERE YOU CAN MAKE A REAL DIFFERENCE TO YOUNG PEOPLE'S LIVES
Join our Weymouth fostering team
We have a local team in near you delivering local training, support groups and social events. They are there to support you on every step of your journey with Blue Sky Fostering.
Want to foster with us?
Call us today on to find out if fostering is the right career for you: 0845 450 3519 or Enquire Online
(calls to this number cost 2p per minute, plus your phone company's access charge)
If you are not based in Weymouth but are interested in fostering, Blue Sky Fostering offer local support to their foster carers across the South. Whether you are fostering in Bristol, Yeovil or further afield, we are able to offer stability and assistance, so contact us today to find out more.