Fostering in Stroud
We're looking for safe and supportive homes for foster children in Stroud
Many children in the Stroud area need a secure and supportive foster home to help guide them through a difficult period in their lives.
Fostering a child or young person is an amazing experience that is hugely satisfying. Here at Blue Sky Fostering we ensure children including teenagers are only placed with foster carers who can provide a nurturing and supportive environment.
Could you foster in Stroud?
We try to place foster children with carers that reflect their own background, so Blue Sky Fostering are searching for foster carers from a range of different cultures and backgrounds as well as marital status in the Stroud area. Our nearest office to Stroud is in Bristol; however we have foster carers all over the South West who are supported locally by our experienced social workers.
We believe almost anyone can foster children, with the right attitude and perseverance. If you match the following criteria, we’d like to hear from you:
- A spare bedroom & a driving license
- Willingness to include the looked after child in your family home
- Flexibility, resilience, optimism and a good sense of humour
- Some experience of looking after children - either your own or somebody elses
- Enthusiasm and commitment
- Prepared to foster from a wide age range
At Blue Sky Fostering, we give you as much support as you need when fostering children in Stroud to ensure a highly rewarding and a life-changing experience.
We also hold regular Introduction to Fostering events to give an insight into what fostering is really like, straight from real foster carers in Stroud. Book onto one of our fostering events today.
Why choose Blue Sky Fostering?
When you become part of the Blue Sky team you will not only receive a friendly, supportive and professional service. You will also benefit from the following:
- A competitive weekly foster carer allowance, per child
- A minimum of 14 days paid holiday (respite) a year
- Training in all aspects of looking after children in care giving you the tools to succeed
- Regular phone calls and visits from your own social worker
- Opportunities to meet with other Blue Sky foster carers Blue Sky events for you, your birth children and your foster child
- Access to a social worker who knows about you and your placement 24 hours a day, every day of the year
- A FULFILLING CAREER WHERE YOU CAN MAKE A REAL DIFFERENCE TO YOUNG PEOPLE'S LIVES
“I have found the training to be both informative and enjoyable. It has always been delivered in a relaxed and structured form, which makes people feel comfortable and valued.”
Choosing to become foster carers is a big decision for you and your family and we’re with you every step of the way.Find out more
Our News and Blog
What’s happening at Blue Sky and in the wider world of fostering? Keep up to date with our insightful blogs from real life foster carers and current fostering related stories.Find out more
Our team in Stroud
We have a local team near you delivering local training, support groups and social events. They are there to support you on every step of your journey with Blue Sky Fostering.