Fostering in Portsmouth
We're looking for safe and supportive homes for foster children in Portsmouth
Many children in the Portsmouth area need a secure and supportive foster home to help guide them through a difficult period in their lives.
Fostering a child or young person is an amazing experience that is hugely satisfying. Here at Blue Sky Fostering we ensure children are only placed with foster carers who can provide a nurturing and supportive environment.
Could you foster in Portsmouth?
We try to place foster children with carers that reflect their own background, so Blue Sky Fostering are searching for foster carers from a range of different cultures and backgrounds as well as marital status in the Portsmouth area. Our nearest office to Portsmouth is in Swanwick; however, we have foster carers all over Portsmouth from Gosport, Emsworth and Hayling Island to Havant & Hordean who will be happy to meet with you in your preferred location.
We believe almost anyone can foster children, with the right attitude and perseverance. If you match the following criteria, we’d like to hear from you:
- A spare bedroom & a driving license
- Willingness to include the looked after child in your family home
- Flexibility, resilience, optimism and a good sense of humour
- Some experience of looking after children - either your own or somebody elses
- Enthusiasm and commitment
- Prepared to foster from a wide age range
At Blue Sky Fostering, we give you as much support as you need when fostering children in Portsmouth to ensure a highly rewarding and a life-changing experience.
We also hold regular Introduction to Fostering events to give an insight into what fostering is really like, straight from real foster carers in Portsmouth. Book onto one of our fostering events today.
Why choose Blue Sky Fostering?
When you become part of the Blue Sky team you will not only receive a friendly, supportive and professional service. You will also benefit from the following:
- An allowance of up to £588 per week, per child paid on time
- A minimum of 14 days paid holiday (respite) a year
- Training in all aspects of looking after children in care giving you the tools to succeed
- Regular phone calls and visits from your own social worker
- Opportunities to meet with other Blue Sky foster carers Blue Sky events for you, your birth children and your foster child
- Access to a social worker who knows about you and your placement 24 hours a day, every day of the year
- A FULFILLING CAREER WHERE YOU CAN MAKE A REAL DIFFERENCE TO YOUNG PEOPLE'S LIVES
“I have found the training to be both informative and enjoyable. It has always been delivered in a relaxed and structured form, which makes people feel comfortable and valued.”
Choosing to become foster carers is a big decision for you and your family and we’re with you every step of the way.Find out more
Our Portsmouth team
We have a local team in Portsmouth delivering local training, support groups and social events. They are there to support you on every step of your journey with Blue Sky Fostering.
Often referred to as the waterfront city, Portsmouth is steeped in heritage, has a historic dockyard and has an ample amount of activities to get involved in, making this city an ideal environment to raise foster children. With Portsmouth’s iconic navel heritage, enjoy taking your foster children on guided tours of Britain’s most famous ships, admire the great galleries and museums on offer or enjoy a leisurely stroll alongside the scenic Portsmouth coastline.
Call us today: 0845 450 3519 or Enquire Online
Clarence Pier Amusement Park
Based in Southsea, this is the South Coast's largest amusement park. Whether you're into the teacups or the waltzer, there's rides and amusements for all the family, and indoor activities for rainy days.
Take in the sights from this 170 meter tall viewing tower. For those brave enough, step across the glass Sky Walk or enjoy the sea air from the Sky Deck. Afterwards, there's plenty of places to take your foster child out for lunch.
Portsmouth Historic Dockyard
With so many things to do, it is perfect for foster children of all ages. Explore the HMS Victory and HMS Warrior, find out about the Mary Rose and see recovered artifacts at the museum or take the Harbour Tour.