Fostering in Berkshire
We are looking for people like you to foster with us in Berkshire
Our Blue Sky Fostering team is always looking for foster carers in the Berkshire area. Fostering is not only a highly fulfilling experience for you and the children but it also benefits society as a whole. You have the power to make a difference in a child’s life and provide them with a loving, nurturing and proactive environment.
Could you be a foster carer in Berkshire?
We try to match children with foster carers that reflect similar backgrounds when possible in order to ensure a smooth transition into their new home. Two of the most important attributes that a foster carer should have is an understanding nature and positive outlook in addition to the following requirements:
- Willingness to include the looked after child in your family home
- Tolerance, determination, optimism, flexibility, resilience and a good sense of humour,
- A spare bedroom and a driving licence
- Some experience of looking after children - either your own or somebody else's
- Enthusiasm, commitment and stability
- Prepared to foster from a wide age range.
Fostering in Berkshire is truly an exciting prospect both for adults and children. Not only is there a vast range of attractions and activities to undertake such as camping, theme parks and even a castle to experience but you’re also on the doorstep of London.
Why choose Blue Sky Fostering?
When you become part of the Blue Sky team you will not only receive a friendly, supportive and professional service. You will also benefit from the following:
- A competitive weekly foster carer allowance, per child
- A minimum of 14 days paid holiday (respite) a year
- Training in all aspects of looking after children in care giving you the tools to succeed
- Regular phone calls and visits from your own social worker
- Opportunities to meet with other Blue Sky foster carers Blue Sky events for you, your birth children and your foster child
- Access to a social worker who knows about you and your placement 24 hours a day, every day of the year
- A FULFILLING CAREER WHERE YOU CAN MAKE A REAL DIFFERENCE TO YOUNG PEOPLE'S LIVES
“We receive a very high standard of support and professionalism from our Supervising Social Worker”
Choosing to become foster carers is a big decision for you and your family and we’re with you every step of the way.Find out more
Our team in Berkshire
We have a local team in the Berkshire area delivering local training, support groups and social events. They are there to support you on every step of your journey with Blue Sky Fostering.
For the more active young people in your care, Go Ape near Bracknell is perfect with it's Tree Top adventures on zip wires and obstacles all in the canopy of the surrounding forest. It's not just for kids either.
Now well known for being the venue for Downton Abbey, Highclere Castle has been providing a spectacular backdrop for family activities for many years. From Easter Egg Hunts to Country Shows, the Castle is a venue hosting enjoyable activities
Everyone loves Lego so a visit to Legoland would be a perfect treat for kids under 12 on a special occasion. The theme park now has over 55 attractions for everyone to enjoy on this tried and tested day out