Fostering in Bath
Join our team of Outstanding foster carers in Bath and the surrounding area
We are always looking for foster carers in Bath from different backgrounds; couples - whether married or living together - with or without children, single people and divorced people. We prefer to place children with foster carers who reflect their own background so we need carers from all cultures and religions.
Fostering is a full time commitment and our experience tells us that you will find it impossible to maintain a job at the same time as fostering.
If you tick all of these boxes, fostering could be the right career for you:
- Willingness to include the looked after child in your family home
- Flexibility, resilience, optimism and a good sense of humour
- A spare bedroom & a driving license
- Some experience of looking after children - either your own or somebody elses
- Enthusiasm and commitment
- Prepared to foster from a wide age range
Blue Sky Fostering – A Preferred Provider
Blue Sky Fostering is a preferred provider and is on Tier One for all of the local authorities in this area. This means that the foster carers we put forward for fostering placements will be given priority over those put forward by fostering agencies on Tier Two or Tier Three.
Blue Sky Fostering was established in 2005 to address the shortage of foster carers in the South of England. From the outset we decided that Blue Sky Fostering would become established enough to offer security but small enough to still offer the personal touch often missing from larger providers. This has allowed us to provide a friendly, supportive and professional service to all of our foster carers across the Blue Sky region.
We now have teams of social workers based in the South of England including our West Team based in our office in Bristolwhere we provide local training and support.
Why choose Blue Sky Fostering?
When you become part of the Blue Sky team you will not only receive a friendly, supportive and professional service. You will also benefit from the following:
- A competitive weekly foster carer allowance, per child
- A minimum of 14 days paid holiday (respite) a year
- Training in all aspects of looking after children in care giving you the tools to succeed
- Regular phone calls and visits from your own social worker
- Opportunities to meet with other Blue Sky foster carers Blue Sky events for you, your birth children and your foster child
- Access to a social worker who knows about you and your placement 24 hours a day, every day of the year
- A FULFILLING CAREER WHERE YOU CAN MAKE A REAL DIFFERENCE TO YOUNG PEOPLE'S LIVES
"My Supervising Social Worker has always been available for advice and support, she will always go that extra mile for us as carers and supports our current placement"
Choosing to become foster carers is a big decision for you and your family and we’re with you every step of the way.Find out more
Our team in Somerset
We have a local team in Bath delivering local training, support groups and social events. They are there to support you on every step of your journey with Blue Sky Fostering.
Become a foster carer in Bath
Call us today to find out if fostering is the right career for you: 0845 4503519 or Enquire Online
(calls to this number cost 2p per minute, plus your phone company's access charge)
Interested in becoming a foster carer but not based in Bath? We have support teams in other areas of the South including fostering in West Sussex, Hampshire and Dorset. Give us a call today to find out where your nearest team is based.
Bath City Farm
All the fun of the farm can be had for the family at Bath City Farm. The main attraction is the animals but there are also community events, youth activities and educational opportunities on site
Theatre Royal, Bath
Any budding thespians in the family? There is always a full programme of productions at the Theatre Royal from drama to comedy to acting workshops. Help your foster child find their spark in theatre
There really is something for the whole family to enjoy at the Roman Baths in Bath. From Activity Trails to Online Gaming, foster children of all ages can enjoy this great day out. Costumed characters & audio guides help with learning during your visit