Supervising Social Worker | £27,000 - £32,000 | 40 hours per week | Devon | Maternity Cover
Do you want to work for a Foster Care Agency who care about you and your learning and development?
Do you want to make a difference to the lives of children and young people?
Do you want to work for a Foster Care Agency who have been four times consecutively rated as 'Outstanding’ by Ofsted?
If you answered yes to the above questions; Blue Sky Fostering are looking for a person just like you!
Blue Sky Fostering are looking for qualified and experienced Social Workers with the enthusiasm, independence and skill to join the team managing a caseload of up to 10 carers. You will work within a dedicated team to improve the outcome and lives of looked after children. You will work closely with the Foster Carers, Clinical Practitioners and members of the Clinical Team to ensure co-ordinated implementation of treatment care plans.
- Supervise and support a number of Foster Carers across the region.
- Offering information and counselling.
- Putting together support plans.
- Ensure all documentation is complete.
- Ensure that children’s care and development needs are met within placements.
- Undertake parenting assessments, present to court where required.
- Participate in the 'out of office hours' telephone support to Foster Carers.
- To interview and assess suitable Foster Carers.
- To provide or co-ordinate mandatory training to Foster Carers.
- Undertake performance and target reviews with the Director on a regular basis. Contribute to regional development plans.
- Undertake regular self-audits of record keeping.
- Provide regular updates to the Senior Management Team.
- Understanding of therapeutic models of supporting young people and carers.
- Child protection and LAC processes.
- Dip SW/CQSW/Social Work Degree/GSCC registration/PQ award and current HCPC registration.
- Full clean driver’s licence and supply own vehicle.
We welcome applications from qualified social workers, both newly qualified and experienced alike. If you are newly qualified and have a positive and can do attitude, we would love to hear from you and have an excellent ASYE programme that you would be enrolled on when you began in post with Blue Sky Fostering. Equally, if you are an experienced social worker looking to take on a new challenge in an Ofsted Outstanding agency, we would love to hear from you.
Who we are?
Blue Sky Fostering is an established Independent Fostering Agency, operating across the south of England. We provide a number of different services including mainstream fostering for children aged 0-18, Parent and Child Placements, and we also have a Specialist Fostering Service providing more intensive therapeutic foster placements to children and young people.
Why work for us?
In return for your service not only will you be working for an employer that really cares but you will also receive the following fantastic benefits:
- 28 days holiday in your first year (bank holiday days are extra!).
- Long Service day awarded after every 3 years (up to 12 years).
- Birthday day off.
- Good Health days (if you have no sickness within a 6 month period you get a free day off).
- Auto Enrolment Pension Scheme.
- Fostertalk membership.
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Scheme.
- Private healthcare scheme.
- OOH Allowance.
Applicants must be HCPC registered, be a qualified Social Worker, be willing to undertake an enhanced DBS,and have a full drivers licence.
To apply, please send your CV to [email protected] and an Application Form will be sent to you.