Job Title: Supervising Social Worker
Contract: 6 Months, FTC
Salary: up to £36,000 per annum
Working Pattern: Full Time (37.5 hours per week), 9am-5pm Monday-Friday with on call rota at evenings and weekends
Blue Sky Fostering has an exciting opportunity for a Supervising Social Worker to join the team in the Hampshire area on a 6 Month fixed term contract. This position is full time and holds a requirement to travel to placements and visits in Romsey and the surrounding area.
Who are we?
BSN Social Care is the parent company of Blue Sky Fostering.
Blue Sky Fostering is an established Independent Fostering Agency, operating across the south of England, to provide foster placements to children and young people. We have been rated ‘Outstanding’ for five consecutive inspections since 2008.
We provide a number of different services including mainstream fostering for children aged 0-18 and Parent and Child Placements. We also have an established and well regarded Therapeutic Led Care (TLC) service where our team of experienced clinical practitioners work alongside specialist foster carers to provide therapeutic care to children to prevent them moving to residential care.
Our ethos is to provide the best service possible for children, and for all children placed with us to achieve their full potential. We work hard to ensure children experience love, care, nurture and stability with our carers.
Blue Sky Fostering has a brilliant opportunity for a knowledgeable and experienced Supervising Social Worker to join the team in the Hampshire area, working in conjunction with our hub in Romsey.
We are looking for a dedicated and dependable individual to work with both therapeutic and mainstream programmes, including parent and child placements. This position holds a responsibility for a manageable case load of around 10-13 carers, where you will work within a dedicated team to improve the outcomes and lives of looked after children.
As a Supervising Social Worker, you will be responsible for the recruitment, assessment and approval of foster carers to ensure they meet the needs of the fostering service. You will also be responsible for undertaking supervision, offering support and delivering training and development opportunities to a target number of Foster Carers.
The successful candidate will need to be able to confidently provide training and support to foster carers in the delivery of mainstream support services as well the Blue Sky + TLC programme. You will be responsible for ensuring that children’s care and development needs are met within placements by undertaking necessary placement management, planning and intervention. This includes completing parenting assessments for parent and child placements as well as supporting foster carers in understanding the developmental trauma needs of children and guiding them in how to care for children who present challenging behaviours.
For this role, willingness to travel and use of a car is essential as the successful applicant will be required to support foster carers and visit placements across the Hampshire area.
What we’re looking for
To apply for this position, it is essential you:
- Hold a recognised Social Work qualification
- Have a current Social Work England registration
- Hold a full UK Driving Licence and have a vehicle
- Are willing to undertake an enhanced DBS
- Have experience in children’s services and foster care delivery
- Willing to participate in an out of hours telephone support system and undertake occasional out of hours/weekend work by attending events, meetings and training
- Share a commitment to Equal Opportunities in all work practices and to improving the lives of Looked After Children.
Why work for us?
- Generous Annual Leave – 28 days PLUS your Bank Holiday Entitlement
- Annual Leave increase after 3 full years of service by 1 day - up until a max of 12 years
- Birthday Leave – a paid day off for your birthday
- Good Health Days – no sickness in a 6 month period and get an additional day off!
- Refer A Friend Scheme with a monetary incentive
- Comprehensive Employee Assistance Platform that provides access to advice and support 24/7
- Auto Enrolment Pension
- Learning & Development Opportunities
- Optional Private Healthcare Scheme
- Eyecare Vouchers
- Cycle to Work scheme
Want to find out more?
If you would like more information regarding this role, please contact [email protected] and one of our Recruitment Advisors will be happy to discuss further.
Everyone is welcome
Diversity and inclusion are the principles for how we build our teams and Blue Sky Fostering strives to create an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are valued and celebrated. We want a workforce which represents the communities we serve and work, to ensure no applicant or employee is treated unfairly on the basis of race, gender, age, disability, religion or identity. We recognise and value the individual differences and contributions of all employees and believe that by working together we can achieve equality for all.