Role: Storytelling and Events Executive
Salary: up to £30,000 DOE
Working Pattern: Full Time, 37.5 hours per week, Mon-Fri
Blue Sky Fostering have been making a positive difference in the lives of disadvantaged children and young people living in care throughout England since 2005. Proud to be one of the England’s leading independent fostering agency, rated ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted. Blue Sky Fostering offer unrivalled support and extensive training for foster carers. Founded in 2005 by a social worker, Blue Sky is still social worker led, keeping our children and young people at the heart of everything we do.
Blue Sky Fostering is looking for an enthusiastic marketing executive who is passionate about bringing brands to life through storytelling and outreach events. This is a marketing and events role, exclusively supporting Blue Sky Fostering. It is an exciting time to join the team, as we seek to grow the number of foster cares, so we may support more children and young people thrive in a loving family environment. As Storytelling and Events Executive, you will:
- Take a leading role in the creation of content for the independent fostering agency, working with internal and external teams to develop video content and marketing collateral.
- implement and monitor our fostering recruitment marketing strategy that will directly result in successful recruitment of prospective foster carers.
- Plan and deliver an annual calendar of promotional events.
- Assist in the development of on-brand marketing materials and advertising to support recruitment.
- Contribute to the recruitment process, including customer journey and experience by ensuring leads can be fully tracked and the impact of events evaluated to ensure value for money is delivered.
- Work across the full marketing mix, providing supportive services across content generation, carer nurture journeys, local community event planning and promotion and collateral development.
- Execute mini-marketing plans, working with external partners to ensure we are driving enquiry numbers, to meet targets as appropriate.
- Delivering successful campaigns across offline and online activities for both carer recruitment and care retention. You’ll be hands-on to ensure we are meeting engagement expectations.
- You’ll help ensure central marketing initiatives are communicated and integrated with the local-level recruitment and retention plans.
- Develop and nurture relationships within the local community, including local businesses, community groups, schools and churches which can support foster carer recruitment. For both offline through community talks / events and digitally via online platforms and via social media.
- Working alongside designated fostering agency teams to identify and capture stories, develop written and video content which can be used across multiple channels.
- Building strong cross-functional internal and external relationships across the business. Core focus on relationships and communications.
- Management of local budgets and tracking spend to fully inform ROI from all marketing activity.
- Support the development of marketing tools – CRM, Email Marketing, Social Media Management – to empower central and agency teams.
The ideal candidate will be confident in deploying marketing, events, and PR activity. There are no direct team supervision responsibilities, and no direct budget responsibility other than forward planning and maintaining an accurate record of activity and results. This role will be focussed on key outputs and aligned to targets, with an appropriate incentive scheme in place.
To be considered for the role, you will need to have:
- Degree in Marketing (digital or general) OR at least 3 years’ experience in a marketing and/or events role.
- Hands-on experience with CRM, email marketing and social media management tools.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, comfortable in oral and written communications.
- Confident and creative copywriter – ability to move content from concept into delivery and work with the team to deliver excellent online and offline experiences.
- Confident in managing and building partnerships both internally and externally to drive measurable results.
- Experience in customer experience – managing customer journeys through both online and offline mediums. Campaign management – from conception through to execution and then post-campaign analysis.
- Experience in both sales and retention marketing across multiple online and offline channels (email, direct mail, SMS, social, etc.)
- Valid clean UK driving license, as the role will require travel to business meetings.
Why work for us?
- Generous Annual Leave - 28 days PLUS your Bank Holiday Entitlement
- Birthday Leave - a paid day off for your birthday
- Good Health Days - no sickness in a 6 month period and get an additional day off!
- Refer A Friend Scheme with a monetary incentive
- Comprehensive Employee Assistance Platform that provides access to advice and support 24/7
- Auto Enrolment Pension
- Learning & Development Opportunities
- Optional Private Healthcare Scheme
- Eyecare Vouchers
- Cycle To Work Scheme
- Optional Enhanced Maternity/Paternity/Adoption Leave/Shared Parental Leave.