Social Work Assistant | £18k - £21k | Full time, 40 hours per week |Ringwood Office
Do you want to work for a Foster Care Agency who care about you and your learning and development?
Do you want to make a difference to the lives of children and young people?
Do you want to work for a Foster Care Agency who have been four times consecutively rated as 'Outstanding’ by Ofsted?
If you answered yes to the above questions; Blue Sky Fostering are looking for a person just like you!
Blue Sky Fostering are looking for an enthusiastic, energetic, passionate Social Work Assistant, who can work directly with young people on a 1-2-1 basis to enable them to thrive; improving the outcomes and lives of Looked After children and young people. You will be part of a multi-disciplinary team and contribute to the therapeutic planning and work undertaken as part of the team around the child;
- Working closely with the Supervising Social Worker to supervise and support the carers and foster placement.
- Ensure statutory tasks are undertaken within timescale, such as unannounced visits to carers, health and safety assessments.
- Undertake direct work with the child as directed by the Line Manager or SSW – such as targeted sessions on behavioural issues, promoting hobby, addressing self-harmful behaviour.
- As directed by the Line Manager conduct regular visits and telephone contact with Foster Carers and attend planning and review meetings.
- To deliver programmes of work across the business area, which contribute to ensuring that children’s care and development needs are met, as identified within their statutory LAC documents.
- Establish objectives, plan and deliver a range of support services which promote longevity and stability levels within placements.
- Plan, facilitate and implement group activities for Foster Carers, children and young people, and birth children, to promote the values of the agency.
- To communicate a positive regard for the young person in order to build and sustain a sound relationship with them.
- To identify the young person’s strengths and individual interests.
- To enable and support the young people to participate in recreational and leisure activities.
- To promote safety and assess risks associated with the young person’s behaviours and activities in the community under the direction of the Supervising Social Worker / Line Manager.
- To encourage the young person’s engagement with their care plan and goals.
- Contribute to the production and publication of monthly written reports on each child placed.
- Keep compliance with the National Minimum Standards – Fostering Regulations.
Team Member Responsibilities:
- To support the work of other members of the social work team.
- To undertake practical tasks relating to the support of the placements.
- To work flexible hours including non-office hours in order to meet the needs of supporting young people socially outside of school hours, including occasional call out to provide support to the team management of crises.
- To attend clinical team meetings as required.
- To promote people’s equality, diversity, rights and responsibilities.
- To work with members of the clinical team to promote development of service and links to other agencies.
- To take part in the OOH rota.
It is the nature of Blue Sky Fostering that tasks and responsibilities are, in many circumstances, unpredictable and varied. All staff, therefore, are expected to work in a flexible way when the occasion arises where tasks are not specifically covered in the Job Description have to be undertaken. Any other duties will be dependent upon the post holder’s areas of expertise, knowledge and skills and with regard to the level of responsibility afforded to the post.
The Post Holder will be expected to undertake training and development deemed necessary for the pursuance of the post.
The Post Holder will be expected to ensure that Health and Safety is observed in the course of employment.
The Post Holder will be expected to ensure to comply with Equal Opportunities Policy and Procedure in all employment practices.
The Post Holder will be expected to comply with the no smoking policy.
- Experience of working with children and young people in a range of settings including managing challenging behaviour.
- Full clean driver’s licence and supply own vehicle.
- Willing to undertake an enhanced DBS check.
The role of the Social Work Assistant is to work with both foster carers and young people within the local hub. Social Work Assistants provide vital assistance to the social workers, carers and young people and complete a variety of work.
Social Work Assistants will also be required to support the social workers where required, providing visits to carers to offer support and supervising children at Blue Sky social events. Social Work Assistants will liaise with the Blue Sky Participation Manager and assist in collating children’s feedback or their engagement in participation projects, such as the children’s newsletter.
They will also undertake direct work with children and young people as directed by their Line Manager.
Who we are?
Blue Sky Fostering is an established Independent Fostering Agency, operating across the south of England. We provide a number of different services including mainstream fostering for children aged 0-18, Parent and Child Placements, and we also have a Specialist Fostering Service providing more intensive therapeutic foster placements to children and young people.
Why work for us?
In return for your service not only will you be working for an employer that really cares but you will also receive the following fantastic benefits:
- 28 days holiday
- Birthday day off
- Good Health days (if you have no sickness within a 6 month period you get a further day off)
- Auto Enrolment Pension Scheme
- Fostertalk membership
- Death In Service
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Scheme
- Optional Private healthcare scheme
- OOH allowance
Please apply with your CV to email@example.com and an application form will be sent to you.