Social Work Assistant | £18k - £24k | Full time, 40 hours per week |Chatham Office
Do you want to work for a Foster Care Agency who care about you and your learning and development?
Do you want to make a difference to the lives of children and young people?
Do you want to work for a Foster Care Agency who have been four times consecutively rated as 'Outstanding’ by Ofsted?
If you answered yes to the above questions; Blue Sky Fostering are looking for a person just like you!
Blue Sky Fostering are looking for an enthusiastic, energetic, passionate Social Work Assistant, who can work directly with young people on a 1-2-1 basis to enable them to thrive; improving the outcomes and lives of Looked After children and young people. You will be part of a multi-disciplinary team and contribute to the therapeutic planning and work undertaken as part of the team around the child;
- To provide one to one support to young people on the programme within the community in a recreational context to promote and practice pro-social behaviour and problem solving skills.
- Undertake direct work with the child as directed by the clinical team - such as targeted skills coaching with behavioural issues, promoting hobby, addressing self-harmful behaviour.
- To encourage the young person’s engagement with their care plan and goals.
- Individual Workers will also be involved in children and young people’s participation projects, arranging events and supervising children at company social events.
- As directed by the Supervising Social Worker conduct regular visits and telephone contact with Foster Carers and attend planning and review meetings.
- Plan, facilitate and implement group activities for Foster Carers, children and young people, and birth children, to promote the values of the agency.
- Experience of working with children and young people in a range of settings including managing challenging behaviour.
- Full clean driver’s licence and supply own vehicle.
- Willing to undertake an enhanced DBS check.
Blue Sky + Therapeutically Led Care Service (TLC) provides therapeutic foster placements to children and young people across the South of England. The children are likely to have suffered previous placement breakdowns and needing an enhanced placement to help carers manage the child’s trauma and challenging behaviour.
TLC provides a strong cohesive team around the child, which includes a clinical psychologist, trauma and attachment therapists, social workers, the foster carer and support workers.
The role of the Social Work Assistant with TLC is to support the young person’s progress in the TLC Programmes and foster placement through working with them in the community, in leisure activities or at school. Specifically, to provide one to one support to young people, and provide some necessary respite for the carers.
In summary this post is for a competent worker to engage in direct, focussed work with children – to build positive relationships with the child, to model acceptable behaviour and help the child to trust and feel safe with adults.
Social Work Assistants will also be required to support the social workers where required, providing visits to carers to offer support and supervising children at Blue Sky social events. Social Work Assistants will liaise with the Blue Sky Participation Manager and assist in collating children’s feedback or their engagement in participation projects, such as the children’s newsletter.
In summary this post is for a competent worker to engage in direct, focussed work with children - to build positive relationships with the child, to model acceptable behaviour and help the child to trust and feel safe with adults.
Who we are?
Blue Sky Fostering is an established Independent Fostering Agency, operating across the south of England. We provide a number of different services including mainstream fostering for children aged 0-18, Parent and Child Placements, and we also have a Specialist Fostering Service providing more intensive therapeutic foster placements to children and young people.
Why work for us?
In return for your service not only will you be working for an employer that really cares but you will also receive the following fantastic benefits:
- 28 days holiday
- Long Service day awarded after every 3 years (up to 12 years)
- Birthday day off
- Good Health days (if you have no sickness within a 6 month period you get a further day off)
- Auto Enrolment Pension Scheme
- Fostertalk membership
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Scheme
- Optional Private healthcare scheme
- OOH allowance
Please apply with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and an application form will be sent to you.