Senior Supervising Social Worker £28,000 to £32,000 / 40 hours a week / Full time / Permanent / Monday to Friday (Some flexibility is required as this role requires some weekends work)
Do you want to work for a Foster Care Agency who care about you and your learning and development?
Do you want to make a difference to the lives of children and young people?
Do you want to work for a Foster Care Agency who have been four times consecutively rated as 'Outstanding’ by Ofsted?
If you answered yes to the above questions; Blue Sky Fostering are looking for a person just like you!
Blue Sky Fostering are looking for qualified Social Workers with the enthusiasm, independence and skill to join the team managing a caseload of up to 12-13 carers. You will work within a dedicated team to improve the outcome and lives of looked after children. You will work closely with the local team and this includes Foster Carers, Clinical Practitioners and Individual Workers. For cases within our TLC service, you will also attend regular clinical meetings to ensure co-ordinated implementation of therapeutic care plans. Working for Blue Sky means embracing each day with a new challenge and new and exciting opportunities, our passion lies in providing the best service to the carers we work with alongside promoting positive and exceptional outcomes for the children in our care.
- To operate within the current legislation, regulations and guidance set out for Fostering Services.
- To participate in the active recruitment of foster carers.
- To undertake professional assessments of foster carers, (currently Form F model) and present written reports to the fostering panel.
- To assist in providing preparation training for prospective foster carers.
- To participate and present post-approval training for foster carers.
- To undertake office based duties and the matching of both emergency and planned referrals to available resources.
- To actively participate in supervision and continue to develop skills and knowledge in relation to the field of childcare and fostering.
- To ensure that all placements administration is undertaken efficiently and promptly. To co-operate and communicate fully with Local Authority personnel as appropriate.
- To ensure prompt and procedurally correct response to any child protection matter in any context. To participate in procedure for annual and other reviews of fosters carers.
- To undertake any other duties that could reasonably fall within the scope of this post it is the nature of Blue Sky Fostering that tasks and responsibilities are, in many circumstances, unpredictable and varied. All staff, therefore, are expected to work in a flexible way when the occasion arises where tasks are not specifically covered in the Job Description have to be undertaken. Any other duties will be dependent upon the post holder’s areas of expertise, knowledge and skills and with regard to the level of responsibility afforded to the post.
- Dip SW/CQSW/Social Work Degree/GSCC registration/PQ award and current HCPC registration.
- Experience as a SSW would be an advantage Understanding of therapeutic models of supporting young people and carers.
- Experience in Child protection and LAC processes.
- Full clean driver’s licence and supply own vehicle.
We welcome applications from qualified social workers, both newly qualified and experienced alike. If you are newly qualified and have a positive and can do attitude, we would love to hear from you and have an excellent ASYE programme that you would be enrolled on when you began in post with Blue Sky Fostering. Equally, if you are an experienced social worker looking to take on a new challenge in an Ofsted Outstanding agency, we would love to hear from you.
Who we are?
Blue Sky Fostering is an established Independent Fostering Agency, operating across the south of England. We provide a number of different services including mainstream fostering for children aged 0-18, Parent and Child Placements, and we also have a Specialist Fostering Service providing more intensive therapeutic foster placements to children and young people.
Why work for us?
In return for your service not only will you be working for an employer that really cares but you will also receive the following fantastic benefits:
- 28 days holiday in your first year (bank holiday days are extra!).
- Long Service day awarded after every 3 years (up to 12 years).
- Birthday day off. Good Health days (if you have no sickness within a 6 month period you get a free day off).
- Auto Enrolment Pension Scheme.
- Childcare Vouchers.
- Fostertalk membership.
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Scheme.
- Private healthcare scheme. OOH Allowance.
Applicants must be HCPC registered, be a qualified Social Worker, be willing to undertake an enhanced DBS, and have a full drivers licence.