Senior Practitioner | £29,000 - £36,000 | Full time 40 hours a week | Portslade Based
Do you want to work for a Foster Care Agency who care about you and your learning and development?
Do you want to make a difference to the lives of children and young people?
Do you want to work for a Foster Care Agency who have been four times consecutively rated as 'Outstanding’ by Ofsted?
If you answered yes to the above questions; Blue Sky Fostering are looking for a person just like you!
We are seeking a highly motivated, experienced Social Worker who wants to develop their leadership skills, by becoming a Senior Practitioner, based in Brighton and covering West Sussex, East Sussex and Surrey area.
As a Senior Practitioner, you will have a small caseload of foster carers and also lead and supervise social work colleagues. This is a fantastic opportunity to build upon your social work career; working within a supportive team; whose key ethos is coaching and leadership; developing practice and inspiring colleagues, young people and foster carers.
As well as benefits such as out of hours allowance, mileage, birthday leave and private health care; you will experience a supportive leadership and management approach to enable you to thrive within your role.
This is an immensely rewarding role in a company who value colleagues, together celebrating the individual outcomes and progress young people make. Key skills required for the role include:
- Effective and inspiring communication skills
- A can do attitude
- A strong desire to want to make a difference
- In conjunction with the Area Manager and the Agency’s Recruitment and Assessment Team, ensure that the regional development targets are met through recruiting and assessing foster carers.
- Working alongside the placement team to ensure appropriate matches between young people and foster carers are made and undertaking the necessary planning and intervention to achieve and maintain an 90% occupancy rate (in line with KPI’s) within the Foster Carer Team.
- Ensure children’s care and development needs are met within placements, as identified with in the Outcomes Tracker, IPA and statutory LAC documents.
- Having a reduced complex caseload of foster carers.
- Provide high quality reflective supervision, support and development within the agency’s established framework and required standard.
- Facilitating carer team meetings and ensuring all administration around these is completed.
- Chairing staff team meetings in the absence of the DAM/Area Manager.
- To provide training to foster carers.
- Ensure all documentation is completed to the required standard, including paperless recording, IT diary and notifications.
- Undertake regular audits both of self and any staff supervised, and report as necessary.
- Report all safeguarding and notifiable events.
- Undertake performance and target reviews with the Area Manager on a regular basis. Contribute to regional development plans.
- Dip SW/CQSW/CSS/Social Work Degree and current HCPC registration.
- Qualified social worker with a minimum of 2 years experience.
- Experience of working within Fostering and/or LA childcare experience.
- Safeguarding experience.
- Ability to work some anti-social hours (weekends, evenings).
- Prepared to undertake any training as required for the position.
- Full clean driving licence and supply own vehicle.
Who we are?
Blue Sky Fostering is an established Independent Fostering Agency, operating across the south of England. We provide a number of different services including mainstream fostering for children aged 0-18, Parent and Child Placements, and we also have a Specialist Fostering Service providing more intensive therapeutic foster placements to children and young people.
Why work for us?
In return for your service not only will you be working for an employer that really cares but you will also receive the following fantastic benefits:
- 28 days holiday in your first year (bank holiday days are extra!).
- Long Service day awarded after every 3 years (up to 12 years).
- Birthday day off.
- Good Health days (if you have no sickness within a 6 month period you get a free day off).
- Auto Enrollment Pension Scheme.
- Fostertalk membership.
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Scheme.
- Private healthcare scheme.
- OOH Allowance.
Applicants must be HCPC registered, be a qualified Social Worker, be willing to undertake an enhanced DBS,and have a full drivers licence.
To apply, please send your CV to Fiona.Hutchison@blueskyfostering.co.uk and an Application Form will be sent to you should you meet our requirements.