Senior Practitioner | £29,000 - £36,000 | Full time 40 hours a week | Portslade Based
Do you want to work for a Foster Care Agency who care about you and your learning and development?
Do you want to make a difference to the lives of children and young people?
Do you want to work for a Foster Care Agency who have been four times consecutively rated as 'Outstanding’ by Ofsted?
If you answered yes to the above questions; Blue Sky Fostering are looking for a person just like you!
Main Purpose of Job
To provide support and supervision to the Social Work team and provide cover for other local Managers ie DAM/AM if/when required. To manage and develop a team of Foster Carers to enable them to provide high quality holistic care for children.
- In conjunction with the Area Manager and the Agency’s Recruitment and Assessment Team, ensure that the regional development targets are met through recruiting and assessing foster carers.
- Working alongside the placement team to ensure appropriate matches between young people and foster carers are made and undertaking the necessary planning and intervention to achieve and maintain an 90% occupancy rate (in line with KPI’s) within the Foster Carer Team.
- Ensure children’s care and development needs are met within placements, as identified with in the Outcomes Tracker, IPA and statutory LAC documents.
- Having a reduced complex caseload of foster carers.
- Provide high quality reflective supervision, support and development within the agency’s established framework and required standard.
- Facilitating carer team meetings and ensuring all administration around these is completed.
- Chairing staff team meetings in the absence of the DAM/Area Manager.
- To provide training to foster carers.
- To work alongside the social work team to ensure foster carers complete the Training and Support Development Standards within the first year of fostering.
- Co-ordinate and undertake direct work as necessary, co-ordinating the activities of Social Work Assistants, to further the required outcomes for children and young people.
- Keep compliance with the National Minimum Standards, Fostering Regulations, Fostering Statutory Guidance and have a good working knowledge of key child care legislation.
- Participate in the 'out of office hours' duty system providing telephone support to Foster Carers.
- It is the nature of Blue Sky Fostering that tasks and responsibilities are, in many circumstances, unpredictable and varied. All staff, therefore, are expected to work in a flexible way when the occasion arises where tasks are not specifically covered in the Job Description have to be undertaken. Any other duties will be dependent upon the post holder’s areas of expertise, knowledge and skills and with regard to the level of responsibility afforded to the post.
Management Information and Reporting
- Undertake regular audits both of self and any staff supervised, and report as necessary.
- Report all safeguarding and notifiable events.
- Undertake performance and target reviews with the Area Manager on a regular basis. Contribute to regional development plans.
- Provide regular updates, activity plans, placement and business development trends, to the Social Work and Business Support Services Teams.
Who we are?
Blue Sky Fostering is an established Independent Fostering Agency, operating across the south of England. We provide a number of different services including mainstream fostering for children aged 0-18, Parent and Child Placements, and we also have a Specialist Fostering Service providing more intensive therapeutic foster placements to children and young people.
Why work for us?
In return for your service not only will you be working for an employer that really cares but you will also receive the following fantastic benefits: 28 days holiday Long Service day awarded after every 3 years (up to 12 years) Birthday day off Good Health days (if you have no sickness within a 6 month period you get a further day off) Auto Enrollment Pension Scheme Fostertalk membership Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Scheme Optional Private healthcare scheme OOH allowance
The hours are 8:30am - 5:30pm with 1 hour unpaid lunch.
To apply, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and an Application Form will be sent to you