Must be a Qualified Social Worker. This job entails managing a group of Social Workers so experience in Social Work is essential.
Social Work Deputy Area Manager | £34,000 - £38,000 | Full Time | 40 Hours | Ringwood Based
Blue Sky Fostering is a high quality Independent Fostering Agency (IFA) consistently rated by Ofsted as 'Outstanding’ since their first inspection in 2008. We are forward thinking, creative and responsive to the needs of both the young people we care for, and the carers who take on this demanding yet rewarding task. The TLC (Therapeutically Led Care) service exists to meet the needs of developmentally traumatised and poorly attached children and young people, who may be very challenging to care for.
Is this for you?
Our search is for a dynamic manager who will lead the social work teams in this area. You will be part of an enthusiastic and highly skilled management team within Blue Sky.
Do you have:
- Dip SW/CQSW, Degree and current HCPC registration.
- A minimum of 3* years* post qualifying experience in children’s services/ foster care delivery.
- Experience of working with children, understanding of trauma and attachment, and therapeutic parenting models.
- Experience of managing and leading others, supervising staff and service development.
- Knowledge of child care legislation - fostering regulations, care planning regulations.
- Experience of working to targets and performance indicators.
- Effective report writing skills, including undertaking complaint investigations.
- Ability to complete high quality assessments.
- Experience of group work and delivering training.
- To travel as required across the south of England, have a current driving license and daily use of a car.
Deputy Area Manager Role
The Deputy Area Manager will ensure all aspects of the Fostering Service are compliant with The Care Standards Act 2000, National Minimum Standards 2011 and Fostering Service Regulations 2011 / 2013. Directly responsible for service delivery within a defined region, the Deputy Area Manager will develop and deliver the agency's fostering service, supervise social work and support staff to ensure the highest possible standards of care and outcomes for children and young people. Express, explore and process their emotional responses to the young person Enhance their understanding of behaviours - identifying underlying feelings and needs.
- To effectively plan, grow and manage the foster care operation to achieve high standards and quality of service delivery to meet customer requirements and prescribed National Standards.
- To provide a professional fostering service which places the needs of looked after children at the top of its priorities.
- To provide a focus on the TLC service development and delivery.
- To ensure recruitment of staff and foster carers meets the National Minimum Standards.
- Management agreement and matching of placements within the area. Carry out negotiations between Blue Sky Fostering and the placing Local Authority with respect to placement of children, assisting in the identification of suitable services. Ensure that all agreements appertaining to placements and services are completed and adhered to.
- To recruit, interview, appoint social work staff.
- To ensure their staff team are provided with the necessary training, supervision, probation, yearly appraisals and be responsible for performance management.
- Organise monthly team meetings, with set agenda and provide minutes of the meeting to the Registered Manager.
Therapeutic Responding to the needs of challenging and complex young people… - aimed at facilitating the young person not just to survive, but to thrive. Key concepts include:
- Connection before correction -prioritising the importance of the relationship between carer and child as a healthy relationship with a sensitive, caring robust adult is what heals.
- Positive parenting -consistent, calm, non-rejecting - aiming to avoid further shamingclear firm boundaries alongside empathy for the child’s feelings.
Warm acceptance of and respect for the young person -what they are currently able to manage, and how they currently need to survive.
This is a Social Work position requiring 3 years’ experience in a Social Work environment.
Why work for us?
In return for your service not only will you be working for an employer that really cares but you will also receive the following fantastic benefits:
- 28 days holiday in your first year (bank holiday days are extra!).
- Long Service day awarded after every 3 years (up to 12 years).
- Birthday day off.
- Good Health days (if you have no sickness within a 6 month period you get a free day off).
- Auto Enrollment Pension Scheme.
- Childcare Vouchers.
- Fostertalk membership.
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Scheme.
- Private healthcare scheme.
- OOH Allowance.
Please send your CV to Vanessa.Bomphrey@blueskyfostering.co.uk and an Application Form will be sent to you to complete. You will not be shortlisted without this completed Application Form.