Therapist or Counsellor sought for Attachment-based Therapeutic Work - Ivybridge - NEGOTIABLE SALARY
Blue Sky Fostering is a high quality Independent Fostering Agency (IFA) rated by Ofsted as 'Outstanding’. We are forward thinking, creative and responsive to the needs of both the young people we care for, and the carers who take on this demanding yet rewarding task. The TLC (Therapeutically Led Care) service exists to meet the needs of developmentally traumatised and poorly attached children and young people, who may be very challenging to care for.
Is this for you?
You need to be registered (or eligible to register with) BACP or other equivalent body and being trained in Dyadic Developmental Psychotherapy (DDP) and an understanding of the PACE model would be desirable.
Alongside robust clinical skills & appropriate therapy qualifications, do you have?
- Openness and desire to learn and develop;
- Self-awareness and good relational skills;
- Ability to work with a range of people and personalities and skillsets;
- Willingness to compromise and be solution orientated;
- Flexibility & pragmatism - an interest in 'what works, for these people, at this time’;
- Resilience, enthusiasm and sense of humour;
This role is to work with foster carers and NOT directly with children and young people. The successful applicant will support the foster carers to respond therapeutically to the children and young people in their care.
Please note, the salary is negotiable, dependent on experience.
To apply, please send your CV to email@example.com