Clinical Practitioners sought for Attachment-based Therapeutic Work - Ivybridge- NEGOTIABLE SALARY
Blue Sky Fostering is a high quality Independent Fostering Agency (IFA) rated by Ofsted as 'Outstanding’. We are forward thinking, creative and responsive to the needs of both the young people we care for, and the carers who take on this demanding yet rewarding task. The TLC (Therapeutically Led Care) service exists to meet the needs of developmentally traumatised and poorly attached children and young people, who may be very challenging to care for.
Is this for you?
Throughout Devon we are interested in appointing therapists who are drawn to this field of work and can offer work on a part time, 3 days a week basis to cover our Ivybridge office.
You must be a qualified Psychotherapist registered with BACP with a solid understanding of attachment. Preference for experience of working with looked after children and/or foster carers and knowledge/experience of using the PACE model beneficial.
Alongside robust clinical skills & appropriate therapy qualifications, do you have?
- Openness and desire to learn and develop;
- Self-awareness and good relational skills;
- Ability to work with a range of people and personalities and skillsets;
- Willingness to compromise and be solution orientated;
- Flexibility & pragmatism - an interest in 'what works, for these people, at this time’;
- Resilience, enthusiasm and sense of humour;
This role is to work with foster carers and NOT directly with children and young people. The successful applicant will support the foster carers to respond therapeutically to the children and young people in their care.
Therapeutic Responding to the needs of challenging and complex young people … - aimed at facilitating the young person not just to survive, but to thrive. Key concepts include:
- Connection before correction -prioritising the importance of the relationship between carer and child as a healthy relationship with a sensitive, caring robust adult is what heals.
- Positive parenting -consistent, calm, non-rejecting - aiming to avoid further shaming, clear firm boundaries alongside empathy for the child’s feelings.
- Warm acceptance of and respect for the young person -what they are currently able to manage, and how they currently need to survive
We are accepting CVs for therapists with experience in attachment and fostering to work on a part time basis from our Bristol office location.
Please note, the salary is negotiable, dependent on experience.
To apply, please send your CV to Shaheda@blueskyfostering.co.uk