Area Manager | £35,000 - £45,000 | Full time 40 hours a week | Portslade Based
Do you want to work for a Foster Care Agency who care about you and your learning and development?
Do you want to make a difference to the lives of children and young people?
Do you want to work for a Foster Care Agency who have been four times consecutively rated as 'Outstanding’ by Ofsted?
If you answered yes to the above questions; Blue Sky Fostering are looking for a person just like you!
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join our Therapeutic Service as an Area Manager. This is an exciting opportunity for an individual with skills and experience to lead our therapeutic service based in the Brighton and covering West Sussex, East Sussex and Surrey area. We have a strong ethos of a coaching and leadership culture; supporting and developing individuals and teams to provide effective and empathic support to colleagues, foster carers and young people.
As an Area Manager you will lead a team of social work colleagues. As well as benefits such as out of hours allowance, mileage, birthday leave and private health care; you will experience a supportive leadership and management approach to enable you to thrive within your role. This is an immensely rewarding role in a company who value colleagues, together celebrating the individual outcomes and progress young people make. Key skills required for the role include:
- Effective and inspiring communication skills
- A can do attitude
- A strong desire to want to make a difference
As a senior member of staff, the Area Manager will play a significant role in the development of Blue Sky Fostering and the Therapeutic Led Care (TLC) service. The Area Manager will:
- Be responsible for managing and developing the local social work team that supports foster carers, children and young people in foster placements.
- Be responsible for the recruitment, training, assessment, approval, supervision, support and development of foster carers and for the quality of social work carried out in the local area.
- Be fully conversant with the Fostering Regulations, National Minimum Standards and current childcare law.
- Ensure that the fostering service continues to develop and expand in a creative and responsive way.
- Dip SW/CQSW/CSS/Social Work Degree and current HCPC registration.
- 6 years post qualification experience.
- Previous experience in family placements.
- 2 years’ managerial experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of child protection.
- Ability to work some anti-social hours (weekends, evenings).
- Prepared to undertake any training as required for the position.
- Full clean driving licence and supply own vehicle.
Who we are?
Blue Sky Fostering is an established Independent Fostering Agency, operating across the south of England. We provide a number of different services including mainstream fostering for children aged 0-18, Parent and Child Placements, and we also have a Specialist Fostering Service providing more intensive therapeutic foster placements to children and young people.
Why work for us?
In return for your service not only will you be working for an employer that really cares but you will also receive the following fantastic benefits:
- 28 days holiday in your first year (bank holiday days are extra!).
- Long Service day awarded after every 3 years (up to 12 years).
- Birthday day off.
- Good Health days (if you have no sickness within a 6 month period you get a free day off).
- Auto Enrolment Pension Scheme.
- Fostertalk membership.
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Scheme.
- Private healthcare scheme.
- OOH Allowance.
Applicants must be HCPC registered, be a qualified Social Worker, be willing to undertake an enhanced DBS,and have a full drivers licence.
To apply, please send your CV to Nicola.Crisp@blueskyfostering.co.uk
Interviews will be held 19/02/2019.