Fostering in Swindon
We are an Independent Fostering Agency looking for foster carers in the Swindon area.
Blue Sky Fostering was established in 2005 in order to help young people in the area who could not live at home and needed to go into foster care. There is a shortage of 10,000 foster carers in the UK and we are determined to help meet this need in our region. We started out covering Hampshire and Dorset but now have teams of social workers based across the whole of the South of England.
We need more foster carers in the Swindon area
We are always looking for foster carers in the Swindon area. We prefer to place children with foster carers who reflect their own background so we need carers from all cultures and religions. Our nearest office to Swindon is in Bristol; however we have foster carers all over Swindon who will be happy to meet with you in your preferred location.
If you tick all of these boxes, fostering could be the right career for you:
- A spare bedroom & a driving license
- Willingness to include the looked after child in your family home
- Flexibility, resilience, optimism and a good sense of humour
- Some experience of looking after children - either your own or somebody elses
- Enthusiasm and commitment
- Prepared to foster from a wide age range
Blue Sky Fostering – A Preferred Provider
Blue Sky Fostering is a preferred provider and is on Tier One for all of the local authorities in this area. This means that the foster carers we put forward for fostering placements will be given priority over those put forward by fostering agencies on Tier Two or Tier Three.
We have been deemed 'Outstanding' by Ofsted on three consecutive occasions in 2008, 2011 and 2013!
Why choose Blue Sky Fostering?
When you become part of the Blue Sky team you will not only receive a friendly, supportive and professional service. You will also benefit from the following:
- An allowance of up to £588 per week, per child paid on time
- A minimum of 14 days paid holiday (respite) a year
- Training in all aspects of looking after children in care giving you the tools to succeed
- Regular phone calls and visits from your own social worker
- Opportunities to meet with other Blue Sky foster carers Blue Sky events for you, your birth children and your foster child
- Access to a social worker who knows about you and your placement 24 hours a day, every day of the year
- A FULFILLING CAREER WHERE YOU CAN MAKE A REAL DIFFERENCE TO YOUNG PEOPLE'S LIVES
“I have found the training to be both informative and enjoyable. It has always been delivered in a relaxed and structured form, which makes people feel comfortable and valued.”
Choosing to become foster carers is a big decision for you and your family and we’re with you every step of the way.Find out more
Our team in Swindon
We have a local team in Swindon delivering local training, support groups and social events. They are there to support you on every step of your journey with Blue Sky Fostering.
Want to foster with Blue Sky?
Call us today: 0845 450 3519 or Enquire Online
(calls to this number cost 2p per minute, plus your phone company's access charge)
If you are not based in Swindon, or Wiltshire, then you may still be able to foster with Blue Sky Fostering. We operate across the South in Surrey, Hampshire, Dorset and Berkshire so whether you would like to foster in Gloucester or Worthing, we can help. Contact us today to find out more information or visit our events page to see if we are holding events near you.
The Jungle Parc is a children’s high rope adventure course. Jump, swing, bounce and fly through the various stages. Let the zip lines, cargo nets, and tarzan swings get you in touch with your jungle swinger side!
The Skate Warehouse is relatively knew, opening in 2012, it is Swindon’s only indoor skate park facility. People can either take part in drop-in sessions or have skate / scoot lessons to learn how it’s done! It’s also a great way to make friends.
Amongst the 260 acres of greenery you will find Lydiard House, St Mary’s Church, a lake, and a newly developed children’s play area. The Park is best on sunny days, when you can make the most of the rentable BBQ’s!