Fostering in Surrey
Could you become a foster carer in Surrey?
We are always looking for foster carers in Surrey, in particular Woking & Guildford. We prefer to place children with foster carers who reflect their own background so we need carers from all cultures and religions. You can be married, single, divorced or in a same sex relationship - we are looking for people who enjoy the company of young people and care for their well being.
If you tick all of these boxes, fostering could be the right career for you:
- Willingness to include the looked after child in your family home
- Flexibility, determination, optimism and a good sense of humour
- A spare bedroom
- Some experience of looking after children - at home or in a work environment
- Enthusiasm and commitment
- Prepared to foster from a wide age range
- A driving license and access to a car
- I want to make a difference to a young persons life.
Click here to see if we have any Introduction to Fostering events near you.
Blue Sky Fostering was established in 2005 in order to help young people in the area who could not live at home and needed to go into foster care. Blue Sky Fostering is established enough to offer security but small enough to still offer the personal touch often missing from larger providers. This allows us to provide a friendly, supportive and professional service to all of our foster carers across the south of England. We started out covering Hampshire and Dorset but now have teams of social workers based across the whole of the south of England with offices in Hampshire, Dorset, Bristol and West Sussex.
Why choose Blue Sky Fostering?
When you become part of the Blue Sky team you will not only receive a friendly, supportive and professional service. You will also benefit from the following:
- A competitive weekly foster carer allowance, per child
- A minimum of 14 days paid holiday (respite) a year
- Training in all aspects of looking after children in care giving you the tools to succeed
- Regular phone calls and visits from your own social worker
- Opportunities to meet with other Blue Sky foster carers Blue Sky events for you, your birth children and your foster child
- Access to a social worker who knows about you and your placement 24 hours a day, every day of the year
- A FULFILLING CAREER WHERE YOU CAN MAKE A REAL DIFFERENCE TO YOUNG PEOPLE'S LIVES
"We receive a very high standard of support and professionalism from our Supervising Social Worker."
Choosing to become foster carers is a big decision for you and your family and we’re with you every step of the way.Find out more
Our News and Blog
What’s happening at Blue Sky and in the wider world of fostering? Keep up to date with our insightful blogs from real life foster carers and current fostering related stories.Find out more
Our team in Surrey
We have a local team in Surrey delivering local training, support groups and social events. They are there to support you on every step of your journey with Blue Sky Fostering.
Want to find out more?
Call us today on to find out if fostering is the right career for you: 0845 450 3519 or Enquire Online
(calls to this number cost 2p per minute, plus your phone company's access charge)
If you are not based in Surrey but are interested in fostering, Blue Sky Fostering offer local support to their foster carers across the South. Whether you are fostering in Cheltenham or Eastbourne, we are able to offer stability and assistance, so contact us today to find out more.
Over the years the hill has established itself as one of the most popular tourist destinations in the country, famously playing host to the 2012 Olympic Games Road Races. The beautiful views of the North Downs offer the perfect location for a walk.
Bocketts farm is set in the picturesque Surrey countryside. Open every day from 10am-5:30pm, the farm offers a whole host of fun activities, from watching the pig racing and riding on a pony, to feeding the goats and holding the bunnies.
Thorpe Park is a theme park located in Staines, Surrey. If your foster children are thrill seekers then this is definitely the one for them! The resort is made up of vast amounts of roller coasters and thrill rides.