Fostering in Somerset
Could you become a foster carer in Somerset?
There are many children in Somerset who are in need of foster care. Fostering is rewarding, positive and gives a huge sense of achievement. At Blue Sky Fostering we work to place children with foster carers in the Somerset area that will make a positive difference to their lives.
Blue Sky Fostering was established in 2005, and is based on the core principle of providing a supportive service for foster children and foster carers across the UK.
Blue Sky Fostering is always looking for foster carers in Somerset. We try to place children with foster carers in a situation that reflects their own background, which means we need a range of foster carers from Somerset of different genders, marital status and religion. We only ask for a few criteria that we’d like our foster carers to match:
- A spare bedroom & a driving license
- Willingness to include the looked after child in your family home
- Flexibility, resilience, optimism and a good sense of humour
- Some experience of looking after children - either your own or somebody else's
- Enthusiasm and commitment
- Prepared to foster from a wide age range
If you think you’ve got what it takes to join our outstanding team, contact us via phone on 0845 607 6697 or online.
We have an office in Bristol where we hold our support groups and training or we bring the training nearer to you if you are further afield.
Your nearest Blue Sky office:
73 Macrae Rd
Eden Office Park
Why choose Blue Sky Fostering?
When you become part of the Blue Sky team you will not only receive a friendly, supportive and professional service. You will also benefit from the following:
- An allowance of up to £588 per week, per child paid on time
- A minimum of 14 days paid holiday (respite) a year
- Training in all aspects of looking after children in care giving you the tools to succeed
- Regular phone calls and visits from your own social worker
- Opportunities to meet with other Blue Sky foster carers Blue Sky events for you, your birth children and your foster child
- Access to a social worker who knows about you and your placement 24 hours a day, every day of the year
- A FULFILLING CAREER WHERE YOU CAN MAKE A REAL DIFFERENCE TO YOUNG PEOPLE'S LIVES
“I have found the training to be both informative and enjoyable. It has always been delivered in a relaxed and structured form, which makes people feel comfortable and valued.”
Choosing to become foster carers is a big decision for you and your family and we’re with you every step of the way.Find out more
Our team in Somerset
We have a local team in Somerset delivering local training, support groups and social events. They are there to support you on every step of your journey with Blue Sky Fostering.
Do you want to foster with Blue Sky?
Tucked away in the South West of England, Somerset is compiled of the Exmoor National Park, rolling countryside, quaint towns such as Frome, lively market towns such as Taunton & Bridgwater and dazzling sea views in Weston-Super-Mare, making a fantastic place for children of all ages to explore and enjoy the great outdoors.
Somerset also has good transport links to Bristol, Wales and Exeter - perfect for days out with your foster child. Call us on 0845 450 3519 or Enquire today and change a child's life!
Wookey Hole Caves
Home to the Witch of Wookey, explore the caves & Valley Of The Dinosaurs, then enter the 19th Century Paper Mill, with attractions including the victorian penny arcade & cave museum. For kids with extra energy left over, there's Pirate Crazy Golf.
If you're looking for a traditional family day out with your foster child, the seaside resort of Western-Super-Mare is the place. There's miles of flat sandy beaches, arcades, rides and afternoon tea on The Grand Pier, and the SeaQuarium.
Cheddar Caves & Gorge
Climb the 274 steps and take in the views from the 450ft high cliffs of this beautiful nature reserve. Visit the lookout tower and explore Gough’s Cave stalactite cavern below. A great activity for families with slightly older foster children.
Sign up for our newsletter!
Thanks for signing up, we'll keep you posted!