Fostering in Reading
We're looking for foster carers from all background in the Reading area
Many children and young people in Reading and West Berkshire need a safe and secure home environment. Here at Blue Sky Fostering, we make sure that our foster children receive the loving and supportive homes they require, with the right foster carer for them. As such, we have been rated ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted three consecutive times!
Could you foster in Reading?
We are always looking for foster carers in Reading. Where we can, we place children with foster carers reflecting their own background; therefore we are looking for carers from all different cultures, religions and marital statuses. If you match the following criteria we’d love to hear from you:
- A spare bedroom & a driving license
- Willingness to include the looked after child in your family home
- Flexibility, resilience, optimism and a good sense of humour
- Some experience of looking after children - either your own or somebody elses
- Enthusiasm and commitment
- Prepared to foster from a wide age range
Fostering a child will be challenging but is one of the most rewarding roles you can do. For more information about becoming a foster carer, we hold regular Introduction to Fostering events in the Reading and West Berkshire area. Our nearest office to Reading is in Basingstoke.
Become a foster carer in Reading and Berkshire
If you think you’ve got what it takes to join our outstanding team, get in touch today:
Call us on 0845 450 3519
(calls to this number cost 2p per minute, plus your phone company's access charge)
You can also Enquire Online.
Your nearest Blue Sky Fostering Office:
Basepoint Business Centre
Why choose Blue Sky Fostering?
When you become part of the Blue Sky team you will not only receive a friendly, supportive and professional service. You will also benefit from the following:
- An allowance of up to £588 per week, per child paid on time
- A minimum of 14 days paid holiday (respite) a year
- Training in all aspects of looking after children in care giving you the tools to succeed
- Regular phone calls and visits from your own social worker
- Opportunities to meet with other Blue Sky foster carers Blue Sky events for you, your birth children and your foster child
- Access to a social worker who knows about you and your placement 24 hours a day, every day of the year
- A FULFILLING CAREER WHERE YOU CAN MAKE A REAL DIFFERENCE TO YOUNG PEOPLE'S LIVES
“We receive a very high standard of support and professionalism from our Supervising Social Worker”
Choosing to become foster carers is a big decision for you and your family and we’re with you every step of the way.Find out more
Our Reading team
We have a local team in Reading delivering local training, support groups and social events. They are there to support you on every step of your journey with Blue Sky Fostering.
Become a foster carer in Reading
Reading is situated in Berkshire, right on London’s doorstep, giving you lots of opportunities to take your foster child into England’s capital. Berkshire is renowned for its connections with the Royal family, who often visit Windsor Castle. LEGOLAND is also in Windsor, just 30 minutes away from Reading.
There are many activities to do with your foster children in Reading. Take them to Bucklebury Farm Park or out to explore 350 acres of parkland at Wellington Country Park. If they like history, Reading Castle and Reading Abbey is a must-visit ruin which was founded by Henry I in the 1100’s.
Wellington Country Park
Visit for a day trip or use the campsite. 'The Biggest Outdoor play in Berkshire’ has activities for everyone from toddlers to adults, including sandpits, miniature railway, crazy golf and a farm. Also, campers get free access to the attractions!
Reading Museum & Town Hall
Victorian Gothic architecture houses 11 family-friendly galleries, displaying a range collections and temporary exhibitions with trails, worksheets, picture bingo for the kids. The Concert Hall has a programme of both classical music and comedy shows.
Bucklebury Farm Park
Home to wild boar, llamas, donkeys and Shetland ponies, this park has indoor and outdoor activities to suit family members of all ages. Take the tractor and trailer ride, go on the deer safari or make new friends in the Pat and Pet area.
Sign up for our newsletter!
Thanks for signing up, we'll keep you posted!