Fostering in Kent
We are looking for people like you to foster with us in Kent
Are you based in Kent and thinking about fostering? You’ve come to the right place.
We have been making a difference to the lives of children since we launched in 2005; and pride ourselves not only on our excellent carers, but also on the friendly, supporting and personal services we provide to them. Our hard work has paid off as our services have been rated “Outstanding” by Ofsted.
Foster in Kent and gain a great sense of gratification in knowing you guided a young person through an important stage in their life.
Are you eligible to foster in Kent?
We are always looking for foster carers in Kent and would love to hear from you. In particular, we are looking for people who can offer commitment and the determination to make a difference to the life of a child or teenager in need. We just ask you to match the following criteria in order to become a foster carer in Kent:
- A spare bedroom & a driving license
- Willingness to include the looked after child in your family home
- Flexibility, resilience, optimism and a good sense of humour
- Some experience of looking after children - either your own or somebody elses
- Enthusiasm and commitment
- Prepared to foster from a wide age range
Why Choose Blue Sky Fostering?
We have a highly valued and ever growing team of carers who continue to work with us year after year.
We offer an excellent service complete with lots of training and competitive allowance when fostering in Kent. We have many carers based in the Kent area and they are very happy with us.
What to do now?
Act now and contribute to the positive development of a young person in Kent. Simply make an enquiry online by either filling out the form on this page or by contacting us by phone.
If you are at the beginning of your fostering journey, why not book a place on one of our local events. Get as much information as you need about fostering in Kent.
Why choose Blue Sky Fostering?
When you become part of the Blue Sky team you will not only receive a friendly, supportive and professional service. You will also benefit from the following:
- An allowance of up to £588 per week, per child paid on time
- A minimum of 14 days paid holiday (respite) a year
- Training in all aspects of looking after children in care giving you the tools to succeed
- Regular phone calls and visits from your own social worker
- Opportunities to meet with other Blue Sky foster carers Blue Sky events for you, your birth children and your foster child
- Access to a social worker who knows about you and your placement 24 hours a day, every day of the year
- A FULFILLING CAREER WHERE YOU CAN MAKE A REAL DIFFERENCE TO YOUNG PEOPLE'S LIVES
“We receive a very high standard of support and professionalism from our Supervising Social Worker”
Choosing to become foster carers is a big decision for you and your family and we’re with you every step of the way.Find out more
Our team in Kent
We have a local team in Kent delivering local training, support groups and social events. They are there to support you on every step of your journey with Blue Sky Fostering.
Foster in Kent
Often described as the garden of England, Kent is an ideal location to foster children with an ample amount of family activities and attractions to visit. Enjoy the beautiful countryside and the many wildlife parks and nature reserves that will ensure your foster child remains entertained and healthy. Kent also has good transport to other areas of the South Coast and London.
Howletts Wild Animal Park
This 100 acre parkland is home to over 450 animals and 50 different species. There are also wooded walkways to explore and the Treetop Challenge obstacle course to navigate, making this a great day out for the family.
Chatham Historic Dockyard
This is a great option for older children. Explore 3 historic warships, visit the victorian ropery and check out the Steam, Steel and Submarines exhibit. There are also events and activities scheduled throughout the year.
For foster children who are into history, this medieval castle dates back to the 11th century and is the largest castle in England. Explore the Great Tower and head underground into the Secret Wartime Tunnels.
Sign up for our newsletter!
Thanks for signing up, we'll keep you posted!