Fostering in Dorset
Could you become a foster carer in Dorset?
Are you based in Dorset and are looking for a career where you can really make a difference? Have you considered fostering? We are always looking for foster carers in Dorset and would love for you to join us. Anybody is capable of making a positive difference to a child’s life; we need carers from all cultures and religions whether married, single or living with a partner as we try to match the child to their background as often as possible. If you match the following criteria, we’d love to hear from you:
- A spare bedroom & a driving license
- Willingness to include the looked after child in your family home
- Flexibility, resilience, optimism and a good sense of humour
- Some experience of looking after children - either your own or somebody elses
- Enthusiasm and commitment
- Prepared to foster from a wide age range
Become a foster carer in Dorset
Call us: 0845 450 3519
(calls to this number cost 2p per minute, plus your phone company's access charge)
You can also Enquire Online.
Why choose Blue Sky Fostering?
When you become part of the Blue Sky team you will not only receive a friendly, supportive and professional service. You will also benefit from the following:
- An allowance of up to £588 per week, per child paid on time
- A minimum of 14 days paid holiday (respite) a year
- Training in all aspects of looking after children in care giving you the tools to succeed
- Regular phone calls and visits from your own social worker
- Opportunities to meet with other Blue Sky foster carers Blue Sky events for you, your birth children and your foster child
- Access to a social worker who knows about you and your placement 24 hours a day, every day of the year
- A FULFILLING CAREER WHERE YOU CAN MAKE A REAL DIFFERENCE TO YOUNG PEOPLE'S LIVES
“My Supervising Social Worker has always been there to give me support when needed and I cannot fault them in anyway.”
Choosing to become foster carers is a big decision for you and your family and we’re with you every step of the way.Find out more
Join our Dorset fostering team
Foster in Dorset and change a child’s life today. We hold regular Introduction to Fostering events to help those considering fostering get first-hand feedback on the challenges and achievements you will accomplish. Our nearest office to Dorset is in Ringwood; however we have foster carers all over Dorset who will be happy to meet with you in your preferred location.
See which Introduction to Fostering events are being held near you.
Dorset is a coastal county, boasting some of the best weather in the UK as well as scenery. There are a number of different landscapes to explore, ranging from rolling countryside to bustling towns like Bournemouth, Lyme Regis and Dorchester, award-winning beaches and the Jurassic Coast, England’s first natural World Heritage Site.
It is an ideal place to foster children with unlimited activities and great connections to the rest of the South. Do something amazing; join our Dorset fostering team today and change a child’s life!
Frozen in time, Tyneham will give you and your foster child a taste of rural life during WW2. Abandoned in 1943 to allow for D-Day preparations, the villagers who lived there never returned, the village is owned and maintained by the Ministry of Defence.
Who wouldn't be charmed by the funny and endearing antics of rescued primates brought to Monkey World from all over the globe. A fun fostering day out for all ages!
The Tank Museum
This atmospheric museum must be top of the list for every grown-up, child and young person interested in tanks from the First World War right up to contemporary armoured vehicles such as the Challenger 2. Great for you, great for your foster child!