Fostering in Crawley
We're looking for foster carers from all background in the Crawley area
Many children and young people in Crawley and West Sussex need a safe and secure home environment. Here at Blue Sky Fostering, we make sure that our foster children receive the loving and supportive homes they require, with the right foster carer for them. As such, we have been rated ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted three consecutive times!
Could you foster in Crawley?
We are always looking for foster carers in Crawley. Where we can, we place children with foster carers reflecting their own background; therefore we are looking for carers from all different cultures, religions and marital statuses. If you match the following criteria we’d love to hear from you:
- A spare bedroom & a driving license
- Willingness to include the looked after child in your family home
- Flexibility, resilience, optimism and a good sense of humour
- Some experience of looking after children - either your own or somebody elses
- Enthusiasm and commitment
- Prepared to foster from a wide age range
Fostering a child will be challenging but is one of the most rewarding roles you can do. For more information about becoming a foster carer, we hold regular Introduction to Fostering events in the Crawley and West Sussex area. Our nearest office to Crawley is in Portslade.
Your nearest Blue Sky Fostering Office:
Unit 9 Tungsten Building
Why choose Blue Sky Fostering?
When you become part of the Blue Sky team you will not only receive a friendly, supportive and professional service. You will also benefit from the following:
- A competitive weekly foster carer allowance, per child
- A minimum of 14 days paid holiday (respite) a year
- Training in all aspects of looking after children in care giving you the tools to succeed
- Regular phone calls and visits from your own social worker
- Opportunities to meet with other Blue Sky foster carers Blue Sky events for you, your birth children and your foster child
- Access to a social worker who knows about you and your placement 24 hours a day, every day of the year
- A FULFILLING CAREER WHERE YOU CAN MAKE A REAL DIFFERENCE TO YOUNG PEOPLE'S LIVES
“We receive a very high standard of support and professionalism from our Supervising Social Worker”
Choosing to become foster carers is a big decision for you and your family and we’re with you every step of the way.Find out more
Our Crawley team
We have a local team near you delivering local training, support groups and social events. They are there to support you on every step of your journey with Blue Sky Fostering.
Become a foster carer in Crawley
Interested? Call us on 0845 450 3519 or complete our online enquiry form here.
(calls to this number cost 2p per minute, plus your phone company's access charge)