Fostering in Bristol
Fostering is a life-changing experience that is truly rewarding and delivers a great sense of achievement. At Blue Sky Fostering we ensure we place children and young people with supportive foster carers that are a positive influence in their lives.
We’ve always been passionate about what we do and the personal and friendly service we provide our much valued carers and are extremely proud of our “Outstanding” rating by Ofsted. Our Bristol fostering office was set up to continue helping improve children’s lives throughout the UK.
Are you eligible to foster in Bristol?
We welcome applications from people of all ages and walks of life; believing that what is most important is your ability to give a vulnerable child a home and make a positive difference to his or her life. All we ask is that you match the following fostering criteria:
- Willingness to include the looked after child in your family home
- Tolerance, determination, optimism, flexibility, resilience and a good sense of humour,
- A spare bedroom
- A driving licence
- Some experience of looking after children - either your own or somebody else's
- Enthusiasm, commitment and stability
- Prepared to foster from a wide age range.
We continue to work as an “Outstanding” Ofsted rated service and are a preferred provider for the local authority in Bristol and the surrounding areas.
As a Tier One agency, we have proven ourselves in the local community and are among a handful of fostering providers given priority by the local council when putting our foster carers forward for placements.
Why choose Blue Sky Fostering?
When you become part of the Blue Sky team you will not only receive a friendly, supportive and professional service. You will also benefit from the following:
- An allowance of up to £588 per week, per child paid on time
- A minimum of 14 days paid holiday (respite) a year
- Training in all aspects of looking after children in care giving you the tools to succeed
- Regular phone calls and visits from your own social worker
- Opportunities to meet with other Blue Sky foster carers
- Blue Sky events for you, your birth children and your foster child
- Access to a social worker who knows about you and your placement 24 hours a day, every day of the year
- A FULFILLING CAREER WHERE YOU CAN MAKE A REAL DIFFERENCE TO YOUNG PEOPLE'S LIVES
“We receive a very high standard of support and professionalism from our Supervising Social Worker”
Choosing to become foster carers is a big decision for you and your family and we’re with you every step of the way.Find out more
Our team in Bristol
We have a local team in Bristol delivering local training, support groups and social events. They are there to support you on every step of your journey with Blue Sky Fostering.
As well as providing a vibrant and cultured environment to host foster children, Bristol is an ideal city to live in due to the surrounding countryside. Explore wildfowl centres, castles, country houses and caves, all easily accessible from Bristol City.
Set within 12 acres of stunning gardens, prepare for an adventure into an exciting animal kingdom with over 400 endangered, exotic and beautiful animals from around the world.
Britain's Best City?
Bristol has won numerous accolades throughout the years, most recently being named as Britain’s best city to live in (2014) by the Sunday Times. Bristol is an outstanding location to foster children in due its great social scene and scenery