Fostering in Brighton
Many children need foster carers in Brighton. Fostering is an incredibly rewarding and enriching experience which gives you the opportunity to make a positive contribution to a young person’s life.
Since our establishment in 2005, we have worked continuously to ensure young people who need a home in the Brighton area are placed with top quality foster carers.
As Blue Sky Fostering are on a Tier One for all local authorities in the Brighton area, those who foster in Brighton with our agency will be given priority over other prospective foster carers put forward by other agencies who are on Tier Two or Tier Three. Make an incredible decision and change a young person’s life by fostering in Brighton.
Are you eligible to foster in Brighton?
We are always looking for foster carers in the Brighton area particularly those who are prepared to foster older children and parent & child. To become a foster carer in Brighton we ask you match the following criteria:
- Willingness to include the looked after child in your family home
- Tolerance, determination, optimism, flexibility, resilience and a good sense of humour,
- A spare bedroom and a driving licence
- Some experience of looking after children - either your own or somebody else's
- Enthusiasm, commitment and stability
- Prepared to foster from a wide age range.
Why choose Blue Sky Fostering?
When you become part of the Blue Sky team you will not only receive a friendly, supportive and professional service. You will also benefit from the following:
- An allowance of up to £588 per week, per child paid on time
- A minimum of 14 days paid holiday (respite) a year
- Training in all aspects of looking after children in care giving you the tools to succeed
- Regular phone calls and visits from your own social worker
- Opportunities to meet with other Blue Sky foster carers
- Blue Sky events for you, your birth children and your foster child
- Access to a social worker who knows about you and your placement 24 hours a day, every day of the year
- A FULFILLING CAREER WHERE YOU CAN MAKE A REAL DIFFERENCE TO YOUNG PEOPLE'S LIVES
“We receive a very high standard of support and professionalism from our Supervising Social Worker.”
Choosing to become foster carers is a big decision for you and your family and we’re with you every step of the way.Find out more
Our team in Brighton
We have a local team in Brighton delivering local training, support groups and social events. They are there to support you on every step of your journey with Blue Sky Fostering.
The Great Outdoors
Brighton is a fantastic location to raise foster children. There are numerous activities to physically get involved in ranging from exhilarating extreme sports to beach fun along Brighton’s iconic beachfront
The surrounding area
The picturesque Sussex countryside lays on the doorstep of Brighton, which is ideal for long walks & cycle rides. Brighton also has good transport links, being only an hour away from London by train, ideal for days when you wish to explore the local area
Brighton Bike Tours
Take a cycle around Brighton and learn about the history of this vibrant city. This guided tour is a perfect and relaxing way to go sight seeing with your foster children
Sign up for our newsletter!
Thanks for signing up, we'll keep you posted!