Fostering in Bournemouth
Blue Sky Fostering started in 2005 to help address the shortage of foster carers in the area. Since then, we have continued to grow, becoming established enough to provide security but still personal enough to provide our foster carers with as much help and support through their foster role.
It is thanks to our foster carers in Bournemouth and the rest of the South of England that we can continue to provide this service to such as high standard and as such have been recognised by Ofsted as “Outstanding”. Join our foster care team to positively help a local child through a tough time in their life.
Could you provide foster care in Bournemouth?
We are always looking for foster carers within Dorset in the Bournemouth, Poole and Ringwood areas in particular from a range of backgrounds. To make it as easy as possible for the child we try to give them a home that reflects their own background so we require carers from all religions and cultures.
All we ask is that our carers match the following criteria:
- Willingness to include the looked after child in your family home
- Tolerance, determination, optimism, flexibility, resilience and a good sense of humour,
- A spare bedroom
- A driving licence
- Some experience of looking after children - either your own or somebody else's
- Enthusiasm, commitment and stability
- Prepared to foster from a wide age range.
Why Choose Blue Sky Fostering?
Here at Blue Sky Fostering we recognise that fostering can be highly demanding, however we ensure that when you foster in Bournemouth you and your foster child will be provided with all the support you need. Every one of our foster carers and foster children are treated as individuals and we strive to bring out the best in each person by providing outstanding standards of support so our carers can, in turn, provide outstanding levels of foster care.
Join our local team
By joining the Blue Sky Fostering team you will receive a professional, friendly and supportive service in addition to a whole host of other benefits:
An allowance of up to £588 per week, per child paid on time
- A minimum of 14 days paid holiday (respite) a year
- Training in all aspects of looking after children in care giving you the tools to succeed
- Regular phone calls and visits from your own social worker
- Opportunities to meet with other Blue Sky foster carers
- Blue Sky events for you, your birth children and your foster child
- Access to a social worker who knows about you and your placement 24 hours a day, every day of the year
- A FULFILLING CAREER WHERE YOU CAN MAKE A REAL DIFFERENCE TO YOUNG PEOPLE'S LIVES
"We have never regretted becoming foster carers with Blue sky as we believe we could not ask for better support from any other organisation"
Choosing to become foster carers is a big decision for you and your family and we’re with you every step of the way.Find out more
Our News and Blog
What’s happening at Blue Sky and in the wider world of fostering? Keep up to date with our insightful blogs from real life foster carers and current fostering related stories.Find out more
Our team in Bournemouth
We have a local team in the Bournemouth area delivering local training, support groups and social events. They are there to support you on every step of your journey with Blue Sky Fostering
Bournemouth is a coastal city with lots of fun activities for yourself and your foster child. Spend the weekend at Bournemouth’s award-winning beaches or venture into rural Dorset to explore the rolling hills and countryside
Bournemouth BIC & Pavillion
Bournemouth’s BIC Centre and Pavilion regularly have popular acts and theatre and is also close to the Mayflower Theatre where you can see several musicals that play in the West End
It's all about the great outdoors in Bournemouth so when you and your foster child get bored with the beach head to Bournemouth Gardens for a picnic and a ride in the famous Bournemouth Balloon
Sign up for our newsletter!
Thanks for signing up, we'll keep you posted!