Fostering in Basingstoke
We are an Independent Fostering Agency looking for foster carers in the Basingstoke area
Blue Sky Fostering – A Preferred Provider
Blue Sky Fostering is a preferred provider and is on Tier One for all of the local authorities in this area. This means that the foster carers we put forward for fostering placements will be given priority over those put forward by fostering agencies on Tier Two or Tier Three.
Blue Sky Fostering was established in 2005 in order to help young people in the area who could not live at home and needed to go into foster care. There is a shortage of 10,000 foster carers in the UK and we are determined to help meet this need in our region. Blue Sky Fostering is established enough to offer security but small enough to still offer the personal touch often missing from larger providers. This allows us to provide a friendly, supportive and professional service to all of our foster carers across the south of England. We have our head office in Romsey and sub offices in Basingstoke, Swanwick, Ringwood, Bristol, Ivybridge, Chatham and Posrtslade.
We have been deemed 'Outstanding' by Ofsted on three consecutive occasions in 2008, 2011 and 2013!
We need more foster carers in the Basingstoke area! We are always looking for foster carers in the Basingstoke area. We prefer to place children with foster carers who reflect their own background so we need carers from all cultures and religions. If you tick all of these boxes, fostering could be the right career for you:
- A spare bedroom & a driving license
- Willingness to include the looked after child in your family home
- Flexibility, determination, optimism and a good sense of humour
- Some experience of looking after children - at home or in a work environment
- Enthusiasm and commitment
- Prepared to foster from a wide age range
Why choose Blue Sky Fostering?
When you become part of the Blue Sky team you will not only receive a friendly, supportive and professional service. You will also benefit from the following:
- A competitive weekly foster carer allowance, per child
- A minimum of 14 days paid holiday (respite) a year
- Training in all aspects of looking after children in care giving you the tools to succeed
- Regular phone calls and visits from your own social worker
- Opportunities to meet with other Blue Sky foster carers Blue Sky events for you, your birth children and your foster child
- Access to a social worker who knows about you and your placement 24 hours a day, every day of the year
- A FULFILLING CAREER WHERE YOU CAN MAKE A REAL DIFFERENCE TO YOUNG PEOPLE'S LIVES
"I have found the training to be both informative and enjoyable. It has always been delivered in a relaxed and structured form, which makes people feel comfortable and valued"
Choosing to become foster carers is a big decision for you and your family and we’re with you every step of the way.Find out more
Our News and Blog
What’s happening at Blue Sky and in the wider world of fostering? Keep up to date with our insightful blogs from real life foster carers and current fostering related stories.Find out more
Our Team in Basingstoke
We have a local team in Basingstoke delivering local training, support groups and social events. They are there to support you on every step of your journey with Blue Sky Fostering.
This excellent venue provides learning opportunities for all the family. You can discover how local people used to live in the past joined by costumed characters on the cobbled streets and old sweet shop as well as enjoy the vintage vehicles on display
Basingstoke Ceramics Cafe
Do you have a creative young person in your care? If so, book a Saturday session at Basingstoke Ceramics Cafe where they can get painting their masterpiece
If you have a young person you are fostering and they enjoy being active, they would love Basingstoke Aquadrome. Whether your foster child would like to learn to swim or just have fun on the flumes, this venue can be part of a great day out