Supervising Social Worker| Permanent | Full Time| Monday to Friday – 8.30am – 5.30pm -40 Hours a week | Swanwick | £26000 – £32,000 per annum. Responsible to Senior Practitioner/Deputy Area Manager
Blue Sky fostering have an exciting opportunity for you to join our team in Swanwick.
|We are looking for an enthusiastic, independent and skilled social worker to work with both therapeutic and mainstream programmes, including parent and child placements. To manage a caseload of up to 8 -13 carers (FTE), and work within a dedicated team to improve the outcomes and lives of looked after children.
1. Being involved in the recruitment campaign for the programme foster carers.
2. The recruitment, assessment and approval of foster carers.
3. Training foster carers in both Skills to Foster and the Blue Sky + Therapeutic Led Care (TLC) Programme
4. Supporting foster carers in the delivery of the Blue Sky + TLC Programme and mainstream support services.
5. Supervising foster carers in accordance with Fostering Regulations.
6. Guide and support foster carers in understanding the developmental trauma needs of children, and how carers need to respond and care for the children who will present with challenging behaviours.
7. Working closely with the Foster Carers, Clinical Practitioner and members of the clinical team to ensure co-ordinated implementation of treatment care plans.
8. Undertaking parenting assessments for parent and child placements
| Foster Carer and Placement Support and Supervision:
1. Deliver supervision, support and development opportunities to a target number of Foster Carers across the region within the agency’s established framework and required standard.
2. Undertake the necessary placement management, planning and intervention to achieve and maintain an 80% occupancy rate across the Foster Carer Team.
3. Ensure that children’s care and development needs are met within placements; as identified within the Therapeutic Treatment Plan.
4. Undertake parenting assessments, present to court where required.
5. Undertake direct work as necessary, coordinating the activities of Social Work Assistants and others, to further the outcomes for children and young people in placement.
6. Develop and maintain positive working relationships with local Commissioning and Social Work Teams which further the agency’s partnership arrangements, Provide to each Local Authority, regular monitoring information; including monthly written ECM reports
7. Keep compliance with the National Minimum Standards – Fostering Regulations.
8. Participate in the ‘out of office hours’ duty system providing telephone support to Foster Carers.
| Foster Carer Recruitment:
1. To work with the Assistant Director in ensuring that recruitment of foster carers meets the needs of the fostering service.
2. To implement and evaluate a recruitment campaign for the TLC and mainstream Service.
3. To interview and assess suitable foster carers for the service including completion of relevant reports.
4. To arrange the approval of foster carers for the service via the relevant panel.
|Foster Carer Training:
1. To provide or co-ordinate the Blue Sky + TLC training to potential foster carers.
2. To provide or co-ordinate mandatory training to foster carers.
3. To identify and provide any further training to foster carers.
Management Information and Reporting
It is the nature of Blue Sky Fostering that tasks and responsibilities are, in many circumstances, unpredictable and varied. All staff, therefore, are expected to work in a flexible way when the occasion arises where tasks are not specifically covered in the Job Description have to be undertaken. Any other duties will be dependent upon the post holder’s areas of expertise, knowledge and skills and with regard to the level of responsibility afforded to the post.
The Post Holder will be expected to undertake training and development deemed necessary for the pursuance of the post, including the Practice Educator programme.
The Post Holder will be expected to ensure that Health and Safety is observed in the course of employment.
The Post Holder will be expected to ensure to comply with Equal Opportunities Policy and Procedure in all employment practices.
The Post Holder will be expected to comply with the no smoking policy.
In return or your service not only will you be working for an employer that really cares but you will also receive the following fantastic benefits: