About This Job
Supervising Social Worker | Permanent | Full Time – 40 Hours | Mon – Fri | Salary £26,000 – £32,000 DOE
Blue Sky Fostering is an established Independent Fostering Agency, operating across the south of England. We provide a number of different services including mainstream fostering for children aged 0-18, Parent and Child Placements, and we also have a Specialist Fostering Service providing more intensive therapeutic foster placements to children and young people.
Outline of the Role
We are looking for an enthusiastic, independent and skilled social worker to work with both therapeutic and mainstream programmes, including parent and child placements. As Supervising Social Worker you will have a manageable case load of around 10-13 carers, and work within a dedicated team to improve the outcomes and lives of looked after children.
- Being involved in the recruitment campaign for the programme foster carers.
- The recruitment, assessment and approval of foster carers.
- Training foster carers in both Skills to Foster and the Blue Sky + Therapeutic Led Care (TLC) Programme
- Supporting foster carers in the delivery of the Blue Sky + TLC Programme and mainstream support services.
- Supervising foster carers in accordance with Fostering Regulations.
- Guide and support foster carers in understanding the developmental trauma needs of children, and how carers need to respond and care for the children who will present with challenging behaviours.
- Working closely with the Foster Carers, Clinical Practitioner and members of the clinical team to ensure co-ordinated implementation of therapeutic care plans.
- Undertaking parenting assessments for parent and child placements.
Applicants must be SWE registered, be a qualified Social Worker, be willing to undertake an enhanced DBS, and have a full drivers licence.
Why work for us?
In return for your service not only will you be working for an employer that really cares but you will also receive the following fantastic benefits:
- 28 days holiday in your first year (bank holiday days are extra!)
- Long Service day awarded after every 3 years (up to 12 years)
- Birthday day off
- Good Health days (if you have no sickness within a 6 month period you get a free day off)
- Auto Enrolment Pension Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Fostertalk membership
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Scheme
- OOH payments
Applications to email@example.com