About This Job
Administrator | Permanent | Part Time – 16 Hours | Salary £14,00 £19,000 (Inc. pension) Per Annum, Pro-Rata
Blue Sky Fostering are looking for Administrators with the enthusiasm, independence and skill to join the dedicated team improving the outcomes and lives of looked after children. The applicant must have a desire and passion for social work and the organisational skills to handle the workload and stand out from other potential candidates.
Blue Sky Fostering is an established Independent Fostering Agency, operating across the south of England. We provide a number of different services including mainstream fostering for children aged 0-18, Parent and Child Placements, and we also have a Specialist Fostering Service providing more intensive therapeutic foster placements to children and young people.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Answer the telephone, take messages and ensure the appropriate person is informed.
- Maintain paper & electronic files & keep up to date with relevant information and filing.
- Manage, maintain & stock check stationery supplies/literature etc.
- Type correspondence, reports and other items as requested.
- Responsible for incoming and outgoing post.
- Updating electronic diary/calendar system.
- Photocopying, filing, scanning, faxing and shredding.
- Maintain the company database as appropriate, producing statistical reports as required.
- Maintain systems in place around statutory checks and health and safety checklists.
- Responsible for the ordering of non-stationery items, matching the invoices to the order and passing to the Office Manager for payment.
- Set up new files & archive files as and when required.
- Manage and maintain an effective system for all outreach requests.
- Maintain and manage the system for prospective carers.
- Provide admin support to facilitate any training in the local area.
- To take reasonable care for the health and safety of yourself and of other persons who may be affected by your acts and omissions and co-operate with management to enable management to carry out their responsibilities under the Health and Safety at Work etc Act. Employees have equal responsibility with the company for health and safety at work.
Qualifications and Experience
- Educated to GCSE level with desirable AS/NVQ Level 2/A Level standard qualifications.
- 2 years’ experience of administration on an office/customer care environment.
- High level of confidence with IT systems and direct experience of a variety of software; Microsoft Word/Excel/ Power-point & Outlook.
Please apply with your CV and an application form will be emailed out to you should you pass the first screening stage.
In return for your service not only will you be working for an employer that really cares but you will also receive the following fantastic benefits:
- 28 days holiday in your first year (bank holiday days are extra!)
- Birthday day off
- Good Health days (if you have no sickness within a 6 month period you get a free day off)
- Auto Enrolment Pension Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Scheme
Applicants must willing to undertake an enhanced DBS.
Everyone is welcome…
Diversity and Inclusion are the principles for how we build our teams and Blue Sky Fostering Fostering strives to create an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are valued and celebrated. We want a workforce which represents the communities we serve and work to ensure no applicant or employee is treated unfairly on the basis of race, gender, age, disability, religion or identity. We recognise and value the individual differences and contributions of all employees and believe that by working together we can achieve equality for all.
Applications to firstname.lastname@example.org