About This Job
Senior Social Worker | Permanent | Full time – 40 hours a week | Monday to Friday – 8.30am – 5.30pm | Portslade | £32,000 – £36,000 depending on experience.
Blue Sky Fostering have an exciting opportunity for you to join our team in Portslade as a Senior Social Worker who will:
- Provide support and supervision to the Social Work team.
- Provide cover for other local Managers i.e. DAM/AM if/when required.
- Manage and develop a team of Foster Carers to enable them to provide high quality holistic care for children.
In conjunction with the Area Manager and the Agency’s Recruitment and Assessment Team, ensure that the regional development targets are met through recruiting and assessing foster carers.
- Working alongside the placement team to ensure appropriate matches between young people and foster carers are made and undertaking the necessary planning and intervention to achieve and maintain an 90% occupancy rate (in line with KPI’s) within the Foster Carer Team.
- Ensure children’s care and development needs are met within placements, as identified with in the Outcomes Tracker, IPA and statutory LAC documents.
- Having a reduced complex caseload of foster carers.
- Provide high quality reflective supervision, support and development within the agency’s established framework and required standard.
- Facilitating carer team meetings and ensuring all administration around these is completed.
- Chairing staff team meetings in the absence of the DAM/Area Manager.
- To provide training to foster carers.
- To work alongside the social work team to ensure foster carers complete the Training and Support Development Standards within the first year of fostering.
- Co-ordinate and undertake direct work as necessary, co-ordinating the activities of Social Work Assistants, to further the required outcomes for children and young people.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with local Commissioning and Social Work Teams which further the agency’s partnership arrangements.
- Supervise Social Work Assistants, Individual Workers, Student Social Workers and Sessional Workers and Supervising Social Workers as required.
- Providing inductions to new staff including planning and delivery of high quality effective examples of practice for shadowing purposes.
- Undertake research projects to further enhance the practice of social work staff and the agency.
- Keep compliance with the National Minimum Standards, Fostering Regulations, and Fostering Statutory Guidance and have a good working knowledge of key child care legislation.
- Participate in the ‘out of office hours’ duty system providing telephone support to Foster Carers.
- Promote open and regular communication with all internal and external customers and stakeholders to further the aims, objectives and purpose of the agency.
- Ensure all documentation is completed to the required standard, including paperless recording, IT diary and notifications.
- Maintain communication and workload planning systems, ensuring that key information is updated and communicated regularly to the appropriate individuals.
Management Information and Reporting
- Undertake regular audits both of self and any staff supervised, and report as necessary.
- Report all safeguarding and notifiable events.
- Undertake performance and target reviews with the Area Manager on a regular basis. Contribute to regional development plans.
- Provide regular updates, activity plans, placement and business development trends, to the Social Work and Business Support Services Teams.
- It is the nature of Blue Sky Fostering that tasks and responsibilities are, in many circumstances, unpredictable and varied. All staff, therefore, are expected to work in a flexible way when the occasion arises where tasks are not specifically covered in the Job Description have to be undertaken. Any other duties will be dependent upon the post holder’s areas of expertise, knowledge and skills and with regard to the level of responsibility afforded to the post.
- The Post Holder will be expected to undertake training and development deemed necessary for the pursuance of the post, including the Practice Educator programme.
- The Post Holder will be expected to ensure that Health and Safety is observed in the course of employment.
- The Post Holder will be expected to ensure to comply with Equal Opportunities Policy and Procedure in all employment practices.
- The Post Holder will be expected to comply with the no smoking policy.
- Dipsw, HCPC registered.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in similar role.
- Full Driving Licence.
In return or your service not only will you be working for an employer that really cares but you will also receive the following fantastic benefits:
- 28 days holiday rising by 1 day for every 3 years’ service (up to 12 years)
- Birthday day off
- Good Health days (if you have no sickness within a 6 month period you get a free day off)
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Scheme
- Healthcare scheme.
- Foster talk
- Death in Service
- OOH Allowance (will also be part of the OOH rota)
Applicants must be willing to undertake an enhanced DBS
Applications to Leila.Stroud@blueskyfostering.co.uk