Education Support worker | £10,200 Pro rata (£25,500 FTE) | Part time, 2 days a week, Term Time only, | 16 hours per week (40 hours FTE), Portslade office (covering Chatham area as and when required).
Do you want to work for a Foster Care Agency who care about you and your learning and development?
Do you want to make a difference to the lives of children and young people?
Do you want to work for a Foster Care Agency who have been four times consecutively rated as ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted? If you answered yes to the above questions; Blue Sky Fostering are looking for a person just like you!
To undertake identified work to promote and further the educational needs of children and young people placed on the TLC programme, and to work as part of the team who support TLC carers.
This role does not involve direct work with children and young people.
1. To work with the placing LA / Blue Sky Fostering Team/Foster carers to ensure that all children and young people placed in TLC placements have access to an appropriate education as soon as possible.
2. To provide educational support/guidance in conjunction with the placing LA when a young person is not in school.
3. To provide advice and guidance to foster carers / Supervising Social workers regarding educational issues.
4. To support the work of the Education Director to develop a positive working relationship with the Admissions and SEN teams of the local authorities where TLC carers live.
5. To work with schools to ensure that they understand the TLC programme and their role in this. When necessary to provide advice to schools about the TLC programme.
6. Establish objectives, plan and deliver a range of support services which promote longevity and stability levels within placements.
7. Maintain regular visits and telephone contact with Foster Carers, Virtual School team and schools, and attend planning and review meetings, as directed by the Education Director.
8. Attend foster carer support group meetings at least one a term, to ensure that all concerns regarding educational issues are addressed.
9. To ensure that educational data regarding TLC placements is regularly updated on the Blue Sky Education Tracker
10. To maintain a list of all children and young people who are not in education in your region to contribute to a report to OMT at the end of each month during term time.
11. Keep compliance with the National Minimum Standards – Fostering Regulations.
Please send your CV to Helen.Thomson@blueskyfostering.co.uk and an Application Form will be sent to you to complete.