About This Job
Education Support Worker (TLC) | Permanent | Part time 16 hours a week | Hours 8.30am – 5.30pm | Term time only | Home based in the Devon area | Salary £10,200 (£25,500 FTE)
We are looking for an enthusiastic, independent, skilled Education Support Worker to undertake identified work to promote and further the educational needs of children and young people placed on the TLC programme, and to work as part of the team who support TLC carers.
This role is largely home based but will involve meetings, mainly in Devon, and also in Bristol.
- To work with the placing LA/Blue Sky Fostering Team/Foster carers to ensure that all children and young people placed in TLC placements have access to an appropriate education as soon as possible.
- To provide educational support/guidance in conjunction with the placing LA when a young person is not in school.
- To provide advice and guidance to foster carers / Supervising Social workers regarding educational issues.
- To support the work of the Education Director to develop a positive working relationship with the Admissions and SEN teams of the local authorities where TLC carers live.
- To work with schools to ensure that they understand the TLC programme and their role in this. When necessary to provide advice to schools about the TLC programme.
- Establish objectives, plan and deliver a range of support services which promote longevity and stability levels within placements.
- Maintain regular contact with Foster Carers, Virtual School teams and schools, and attend planning and review meetings, as directed by the Education Director.
- Attend foster carer support group meetings at least one a term, to ensure that all concerns regarding educational issues are addressed.
- To maintain a list of all children and young people who are on the TLC programme in area noting relevant educational information and updates.
- To maintain a list of all children and young people who are not in education in your region to contribute to a report to SMT at the end of each month during term time.
- Keep compliance with the National Minimum Standards – Fostering Regulations.
- Please note this post does not involve direct work with young people.
- Keep full and contemporaneous (same day) records, contact sheets and chronologies to the required standards; utilising paperless, IT diary and notification systems.
- Promote open and regular communication with all internal, and external, customers and stakeholders to further the aims, objectives and purpose of the agency.
- To feedback immediately to Supervising Social Workers and/or Registered Manager any concerning issues for children and Foster Carers.
Management Information and Reporting
- Undertake performance and target reviews, with the Education Director.
- Undertake regular self-audits of record keeping and report as necessary.
- Provide regular updates, activity plans, placement and development trends, to the Social Work Practice Meeting when required.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience of working in an education setting supporting young people.
- Full driving licence
In return or your service not only will you be working for an employer that really cares but you will also receive the following fantastic benefits:
- Birthday day off
- Good Health days (if you have no sickness within a 6 month period you get a free day off)
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Scheme
- Healthcare scheme.
- Foster talk
Applicants must be willing to undertake an enhanced DBS
Applications to Helen.Thomson@blueskyfostering.co.uk
Interviews will be held on 04/06/2020 by video link.