About This Job
Deputy Area Manager | Maternity Cover -12 months |Temporary | Full time – 40 hours a week | Monday to Friday – 8.30am – 5.30pm | Devon | £34,000 – £38,000 depending on experience.
Blue Sky fostering have an exciting opportunity for you to join our team in Devon. As a senior member of staff, the Deputy Area Manager will play a significant role in the development of Blue Sky Fostering and the Therapeutic Led Care (TLC) service. The Deputy Area Manager will:
- Be responsible for managing and developing the local social work team that supports foster carers, children and young people in foster placements.
- Be responsible for the recruitment, training, assessment, approval, supervision, support and development of foster carers and for the quality of social work carried out in the local area.
- Be fully conversant with the Fostering Regulations, National Minimum Standards and current childcare law.
- Ensure that the fostering service continues to develop and expand in a creative and responsive way.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Formal supervision and management of all social work staff in the local office.
- Management, guidance and support of local administrative staff thus ensuring administrative tasks are completed in an effective and efficient manner.
- Case supervision of Clinical Practitioners (clinical supervision will be provided externally)
- Attend and report to management meetings.
- Responsibility for the compliance and continued development of the TLC service
- Work creatively to enable the team to deliver the support needed by children and young people in placement.
- Allocate new tasks and responsibilities within the team and input into caseload discussions/decisions.
- Ensure children and young people in placement are visited regularly in line with Blue Sky Fostering procedures, and referred for specialist services as appropriate.
- Ensure foster carers and their children are visited regularly in line with Blue Sky Fostering procedures and offered training.
- Ensure foster carers are annually reviewed in line with regulatory framework.
- Establish and maintain support groups for foster carers.
- Consult with Placements Team to identify appropriate placements and provide management approval for matches.
- Ensure recording systems for children, carers and staff are maintained in line with Blue Sky Fostering procedures.
- Ensure statutory regulations are fulfilled relating to good professional fostering practice.
- Liaise and negotiate with Local Authorities in relation to children in placement.
- Meet regularly with Local Authorities to ensure that the principles of partnership are upheld and positive working relationships are developed.
- Convene and chair local team meetings and chair clinical TLC meetings and other meetings related to the child in placement.
- Ensure that the office environment is welcoming and appropriate for all staff and visitors and hold responsibility for Health and Safety of the local area office.
- To take reasonable care for the health and safety of him/herself and of other persons who may be affected by their acts and omissions and co-operate with management to enable management to carry out their responsibilities under the Health and Safety at Work etc Act. Employees have equal responsibility with the company for health and safety at work.
- This organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and you are expected to share this commitment.
- To undertake any other duties that could reasonably fall within the scope of this post.
- It is the nature of Blue Sky Fostering that tasks and responsibilities are, in many circumstances, unpredictable and varied. All staff, therefore, are expected to work in a flexible way when the occasion arises where tasks are not specifically covered in the Job Description have to be undertaken. Any other duties will be dependent upon the post holder’s areas of expertise, knowledge and skills and with regard to the level of responsibility afforded to the post.
- The Post Holder will be expected to undertake training and development deemed necessary for the pursuance of the post, including the Practice Educator programme.
- The Post Holder will be expected to ensure that Health and Safety is observed in the course of employment.
- The Post Holder will be expected to ensure to comply with Equal Opportunities Policy and Procedure in all employment practices.
- The Post Holder will be expected to comply with the no smoking policy.
- Dipsw, HCPC registered.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in similar role.
In return or your service not only will you be working for an employer that really cares but you will also receive the following fantastic benefits:
- 28 days holiday rising by 1 day for every 3 years’ service (up to 12 years)
- Birthday day off
- Good Health days (if you have no sickness within a 6 month period you get a free day off)
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Scheme
- Healthcare scheme.
- Foster talk
- Death in Service
- OOH Allowance (will also be part of the OOH rota)
Applicants must be willing to undertake an enhanced DBS
Applications to Sonia.Barrow@blueskyfostering.co.uk