Education Support Worker - £25,000 Pro Rata (£10,000 for 2 days) - Part Time - 16 hours per week - Term Time Only - Home Based
Do you want to work for a Foster Care agency that has been graded as 'Outstanding’ by Ofsted?
Do you want to work for a Foster Care agency that cares as much about its staff as it does about their children and young people?
If you answered yes to the above questions then Blue Sky Fostering are looking for a person just like you!
Blue Sky Fostering are looking for a part-time Education Support Worker (2 days per week term time only) to join our highly respected education team, and work as part of a multi -disciplinary team, supporting TLC young people and carers.
The TLC ( Therapeutically Led Care ) Service exists to meet the needs of developmentally traumatised and poorly attached young people, who may have challenges in accessing education.
The work involves providing educational advice and guidance to carers, and where necessary attending education meetings on behalf of Blue Sky Fostering.
Is this for you?
Do you have at least 2 years’ experience of working in an education setting supporting vulnerable/looked after children? Do you have 5 GCSE’s Grades A*-C including English and Maths plus a desirable relevant Level 3 or 4 qualification (NVQ or Degree)?
You will also need excellent communication skills in order to liaise with Local Authority Staff and schools regarding educational issues.
- To provide advice and guidance to foster carers / Supervising Social Workers regarding educational issues.
- To work with schools to ensure that they understand the TLC programme and their role in this. When necessary to provide advice to schools about the TLC programme.
- Attend foster carer support group meetings at least once a term, to ensure that all concerns regarding educational issues are addressed.
- To maintain a list of all children and young people who are not in education in your region to contribute to a report to OMT at the end of each month during term time.
- Keep compliance with the National Minimum Standards - Fostering Regulations.
- Maintain regular visits and telephone contact with Foster Carers, Virtual School team and schools, and attend planning and review meetings, as directed by the Education Director.
Who are we?
Blue Sky Fostering is an established Independent Fostering Agency, operating across the south of England. We provide a number of different services including mainstream fostering for children aged 0-18, Parent and Child Placements, and we also have a Specialist Fostering Service providing more intensive therapeutic foster placements to children and young people.
Why work for us?
In return for your service not only will you be working for an employer that really cares but you will also receive the following fantastic benefits:
*Birthday day off
*Good Health days (if you have no sickness within a 6 month period you get a free day off)
*Auto Enrolment Pension Scheme
*Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Scheme
*Private BUPA healthcare scheme
Applicants must be willing to undertake an enhanced DBS, and have a full drivers licence.
Closing Date: 29/12/2017
Interviews held week commencing 08/01/2018
To apply please send your CV to Helen.Thomson@blueskyfostering.co.uk