Clinical Practitioners sought for Attachment-based Therapeutic Work
Blue Sky Fostering is a high quality Independent Fostering Agency (IFA) rated by Ofsted as 'Outstanding’. We are forward thinking, creative and responsive to the needs of both the young people we care for, and the carers who take on this demanding yet rewarding task. The TLC (Therapeutically Led Care) service exists to meet the needs of developmentally traumatised and poorly attached children and young people, who may be very challenging to care for.
Is this for you?
We are interested in talking to therapists who are drawn to this field of work and can offer work (mainly sessional) - in across Hampshire - particularly Ringwood and Swanwick, West Sussex, East Sussex, Kent etc). Alongside robust clinical skills & appropriate therapy qualifications, do you have:
- Openness and desire to learn and develop
- Self awareness and good relational skills
- Ability to work with a range of people and personalities and skillsets
- Willingness to compromise and be solution orientated
- Flexibility & pragmatism - an interest in 'what works, for these people, at this time’
- Resilience, enthusiasm and sense of humour
Clinical Practitioner Role
TLC Carers are reflecting on their practice and therapeutic responding in their daily fostering. They are supported to do this on a weekly basis by their Clinical Practitioner - both in groups and in individual work. This Reflective Practice (RP) work provides space and support for the carer/s to:
- Express, explore and process their emotional responses to the young person Enhance their understanding of behaviours - identifying underlying feelings and needs
- Identify empathic and containing ways of responding
- Enhance their ways of being with the young person that are most likely to provide opportunities to connect, manage, calm, and reflect
Therapeutic Responding to the needs of challenging and complex young people … - aimed at facilitating the young person not just to survive, but to thrive. Key concepts include:
- Connection before correction -prioritising the importance of the relationship between carer and child as a healthy relationship with a sensitive, caring robust adult is what heals
- Positive parenting -consistent, calm, non-rejecting - aiming to avoid further shamingclear firm boundaries alongside empathy for the child’s feelings
- Warm acceptance of and respect for the young person -what they are currently able to manage, and how they currently need to survive
Why work for us?
In return for your service not only will you be working for an employer that really cares but you will also receive the following fantastic benefits:
- 28 days holiday in your first year (bank holiday days are extra!)
- Long Service day awarded after every 3 years (up to 12 years)
- Birthday day off
- Good Health days (if you have no sickness within a 6 month period you get a free day off)
- Auto Enrollment Pension Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Fostertalk membership
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Scheme
- Private BUPA healthcare scheme.
Applicants must be BACP/BPS registered and be willing to undertake an enhanced DBS.
Salary is dependent on experience. This is a full time, 40 hours, 5 days a week role.
If you are interested in applying please send in your CV to Shaheda@blueskyfostering.co.uk
Closing Date: 21/12/2017
Interview Date: 05/01/2018